Dinner Saturday 12th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The photo's a little fuzzy, but we had pan seared strip steak with a pan sauce, fingerling potatoes (leftover from earlier in the week), wilted spinach, and pickled onions. The best part... it was all cooked using one pan.

Then I proceeded to sit down to enjoy it while watching my team lose in the playoffs, lol. :LOL:

img_1228590_0_e81c5a2c6158c953689268edc628e56e.jpg

I found out that I can eat fermented soy, it's just unfermented soy that I shouldn't eat. So, I made chicken with black bean sauce. It was pretty good, but I think the bean sauce got a tad burnt. I won't fry the chicken nearly as long as the recipe says. It will be plenty done by the time I've simmered it and simmered some more with the added vegis.

We also had Vegetable Stir Fry - Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe. I didn't use nearly as much fish sauce as the recipe called for. It was yummy. I won't use as much sugar next time and I might add more hot pepper. It was a nice, subtle heat.

Last edited:
Egg, tomatoes, mustard, and cheese sandwich + parmesan fries. Nothing fancy.

Last edited:
The photo's a little fuzzy, but we had pan seared strip steak with a pan sauce, fingerling potatoes (leftover from earlier in the week), wilted spinach, and pickled onions. The best part... it was all cooked using one pan.

Then I proceeded to sit down to enjoy it while watching my team lose in the playoffs, lol. :LOL:

img_1228620_0_e81c5a2c6158c953689268edc628e56e.jpg

Yum! That steak is cooked just the way I like it! I good vet should be able to bring it back to life :LOL:

everyone's dinners looked and sounded so good. i wish i had a plate of ribs, baby chickens, strip steak, stir fry, steak and eggs, tequila lime tortillas, chorizo pasta, pozole rojo, tortilla soup, a coupla sandwiches, and pizza. :pig: :yum:

we went skating in a covered outdoor rink yesterday

img_1228661_0_e612bd09479e327c345140586c37b2b4.jpg

then just went out to a houlihan's for dinner. we started with french onion soup, then my boy and i the seared ahi tuna salad, and dw had blackened salmon with garlic redskin spuds.

the ahi tuna salads were fantastic.

everyone's dinners looked and sounded so good. i wish i had a plate of ribs, baby chickens, strip steak, stir fry, steak and eggs, tequila lime tortillas, chorizo pasta, pozole rojo, tortilla soup, a coupla sandwiches, and pizza. :pig: :yum:

we went skating in a covered outdoor rink yesterday

img_1228662_0_e612bd09479e327c345140586c37b2b4.jpg

then just went out to a houlihan's for dinner. we started with french onion soup, then my boy and i the seared ahi tuna salad, and dw had blackened salmon with garlic redskin spuds.

the ahi tuna salads were fantastic.

:ROFLMAO: I would have given you some Steak and Eggs just for being so enthusiastic!
I love the sound of the Blackened Salmon your DW had:yum:

Your boy is adorable by the way? How old is he now?

thanks. he's 8.

i'm sure some folks get sick of me posting pics of him (like having a friend jam photos of their little darlings in your face every time you see them), but he's such a good kid and the best part of my life. best thing i ever did, lol. :huh:

and i practiced a lot. :cool:

mostly alone... :sleep:

thanks. he's 8.

i'm sure some folks get sick of me posting pics of him (like having a friend jam photos of their little darlings in your face every time you see them), but he's such a good kid and the best part of my life. best thing i ever did, lol. :huh:

and i practiced a lot. :cool:

mostly alone... :sleep:

You crack me up :ROFLMAO:
I think it's great that you're so proud of him. You're a good DAD!
My Princess is 10 now and Dennis the Menice is 5. Love them too bits!

We went to a Mexican restaurant on the way home from finally having our "gasp" Christmas with the kids. ( due the Norovirus incapacitating each of them in turn over the holidays and beyond). The food was excellent, I had my fav chili relleno with a tamale, and an enchilada. DH had pork burritos that looked "killer". But, the best part of the meal was the margarita I ordered, ( I would usually have beer) It was the best margarita I have ever had, not acidy and so flavorful. The waitress said it was "all fresh", what does that mean...... They just distilled the tequila in the back room? Lol! Whatever, it was delish, I must find out how it was prepared, especially after the bill came and the price was revealed $10.50!!! Lol! Now I know why the price wasn't on the menu!

We went to a Mexican restaurant on the way home from finally having our "gasp" Christmas with the kids. ( due the Norovirus incapacitating each of them in turn over the holidays and beyond). The food was excellent, I had my fav chili relleno with a tamale, and an enchilada. DH had pork burritos that looked "killer". But, the best part of the meal was the margarita I ordered, ( I would usually have beer) It was the best margarita I have ever had, not acidy and so flavorful. The waitress said it was "all fresh", what does that mean...... They just distilled the tequila in the back room? Lol! Whatever, it was delish, I must find out how it was prepared, especially after the bill came and the price was revealed $10.50!!! Lol! Now I know why the price wasn't on the menu!
Fresh lime and/or lemon juice, not the nasty bar mix or bottled stuff.

It's easy to make really good Margaritas at home. After some experimenting, we have concluded that we like them best with half lemon juice and half lime juice as well as triple sec, not Cointreau. They are very nice and smooth with Cointreau, but they have a tiny "bite", that we like, with the triple sec.

Taxlady, it was really smooth......and she did say it was fresh lime juice, I'm thinking there could have been some lemon too. It had a taste I couldn't ID , not quite floral, but something along that line. I will be doing some research. "Hiccup" lol ;-)

agreed about the limes or lemons. fresh is not only so much better, but if really fresh and in season, lemons and especially limes can have that floral quality.

Taxlady, it was really smooth......and she did say it was fresh lime juice, I'm thinking there could have been some lemon too. It had a taste I couldn't ID , not quite floral, but something along that line. I will be doing some research. "Hiccup" lol ;-)

agreed about the limes or lemons. fresh is not only so much better, but if really fresh and in season, lemons and especially limes can have that floral quality.
The floral quality might have been the orange flavour from Cointreau.

breaded ulta thin porkchops, then in the used frypan I added pinot grigio/chardonnay wine, some flour,thin cut red/orange/& yellow peppers, thin cut mushrooms , cut in half cherry tomatos & scallions.stir .until sauce thickened.............
Boiled some extra large egg noodles w/some scallions
I served it seperately in three pretty serving bowls...so everyone could have just the amount they wanted.....w/home made yeast rolls
whats not to love about this very quick (two pans to wash) dinner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom