Dinner Saturday 13th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight for dinner we are making another Butter Chicken recipe :chef:

We like to try out different recipes for this dish as it is just so tasty!

The butter chicken was a nice chicken curry but didnt quite have that butter chicken taste that we know and love...still very nice though :)

We have left over chicken pot pie from last night (a last minute switcheroo but a delicious one!) but not enough to cover. My daughter really liked the chicken pie so we'll probably leave that to her.

To round things out I'm making some bbq beef ribs in the crockpot, mashed potato's (with kraut for me) and a salad.

There are a couple leftover chicken breasts from Monday's grill. Going to saute shallots and mushrooms for topping the chicken, then melt cheese over the top of it all. Himself want the smoked mozz I picked up but I might go with Fontina. I'll find out which one my tastebuds want when the time comes. Sides of steamed broccoli and sauted zucchini to go with.

New York Steak Dinner. There's a place I haven't been to in years. They offer a New York Steak, baked potato, vegetable, soup and salad, and a hot fudge brownie a la mode for $9.99. How bad could it be?!? :ermm: We'll see.

I finished off the pozole around 3:30 today--conference call went a bit longer than anticipated, so lunch become and early dinner.

This will be our dinner with microwave steamed fresh baby spinach. I couldn't help it. It just called my name what was I to do? Look at the price (and thickness) for that PRIME cut moo!!

Leftover garlic bread, nuked asparagus with Hollandaise, and maybe some potato salad.

Wow, Cerise. For ten bucks how can you go wrong? At least the dessert will be worth it, lol.

I'm feeling like some ranch/parm wings. I wish I was feeling them about an hour ago... but I still might toss them on the grill. I'm not doing anything else.

Here is dinner.

Prime sirloin steak cooked via reverse searing. I seasoned and let it sit for about 1 hour. Put in 275°F oven for approx. 25 minutes for 2 ½-inch steak till internal temp was 90°F. Then seared on cast iron stovetop grill pan till internal temp was 117°F. I served it with a side of microwave steamed fresh baby spinach. Dessert was strawberry shortcake with a chocolate sponge cake cup and whipped cream to top.

img_1258124_0_846226fc84b5a8a79c091be2ac515e50.jpg

img_1258124_1_586c8e2225f011350af242c450e04186.jpg

img_1258124_2_ae87407cbb1ada83862d42b2a25a71d5.jpg

img_1258124_3_7474e0217cc726a31277507f674b6bf2.jpg

Here is dinner.

Prime sirloin steak cooked via reverse searing. I seasoned and let it sit for about 1 hour. Put in 275°F oven for approx. 25 minutes for 2 ½-inch steak till internal temp was 90°F. Then seared on cast iron stovetop grill pan till internal temp was 117°F. I served it with a side of microwave steamed fresh baby spinach. Dessert was strawberry shortcake with a chocolate sponge cake cup and whipped cream to top.

My, my, MsM! Looks fantastic!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom