Dinner Saturday 15th December

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight is Chinese.. Guess what I got early? :ohmy:

So it's Sweet & Sour Chicken with Pineapple,Fried rice with bacon bits, Egg rolls,Chicken Lo Mein noodles.

Sweet, easy and to the point.. so what's for dessert?

Munky.

Tonight is Chinese.. Guess what I got early? :ohmy:

So it's Sweet & Sour Chicken with Pineapple,Fried rice with bacon bits, Egg rolls,Chicken Lo Mein noodles.

Sweet, easy and to the point.. so what's for dessert?

Munky.

No dessert recipes with that fancy new Wok?:ROFLMAO:

SO wants a Trader Joe's medley tonight. So we'll be stopping by there and stocking up.

Andy M, I love Trader Joe's. Have you ever tried their '21 Seasoning Salute'? It is a wonderful blend of spices & herbs around $2 bottle. No salt added which I like, salt is cheap enough to add yourself. :)

We are having Beef & Green Bean medley, Green Salad, Scalloped Potatoes, Dark Chocolate Bordeaux.

We're in Orlando on vacation this week. As I was driving to the hotel to check-in, we drove past Giordano's Pizza. Now when I lived in Chicago many years ago, Giordano's was my favorite pie. I didn't realize they had a handful of locations in Florida, too. At first I thought it must be a coincidence, but a quick Google search indicated it was part of the same company. So we made a U-turn.

This is what we had tonight. Chicago stuffed crust pizza. (By the way, this isn't on my diet. But oh well)...

img_1218408_0_43f634cb8bbe7308c7073f28a348ba9c.jpg

Last edited:
We're in Orlando on vacation this week. As I was driving to the hotel to check-in, we drove past Giordano's Pizza. Now when I lived in Chicago many years ago, Giordano's was my favorite pie. I didn't realize they had a handful of locations in Florida, too. At first I thought it must be a coincidence, but a quick Google search indicated it was part of the same company. So we made a U-turn.

This is what we had tonight. Chicago stuffed crust pizza. (By the way, this isn't on my diet. But oh well)...

Wow... I could help you with that and a couple beers ...

img_1218450_0_43f634cb8bbe7308c7073f28a348ba9c.jpg

It might not by on any one's diet but it's definitely on everyone's Christmas wish list. YUMMMMM! Some time you have to remember that life is short and unpredictable. Enjoy the pie!:)

img_1218456_0_43f634cb8bbe7308c7073f28a348ba9c.jpg

Wow, that looks wonderful :)

img_1218498_0_43f634cb8bbe7308c7073f28a348ba9c.jpg

I recognized that pie as soon as I saw it. I saw it today on Pizza Paradise on the Travel Channel. I makes me want to get a personal sized deep dish and make my own.

I recognized that pie as soon as I saw it. I saw it today on Pizza Paradise on the Travel Channel. I makes me want to get a personal sized deep dish and make my own.

i use a 12" cast iron pan with high sides when i make deep dish ...
just have a hard time making a good crust .. i have been messing with recipes
and just cant find that one i love .. .. but still good ..

It's a very filling pizza. I had a slice and a half and I can still feel the cheese coursing through my arteries this morning, lol.

It's a very filling pizza. I had a slice and a half and I can still feel the cheese coursing through my arteries this morning, lol.

That's exactly what a guy in the restaurant said, that he was full after two pieces and can usually eat a whole pizza.
If I remember right, after the first crust came a very thick layer of mozzarella, the ingredients, the top crust, more cheese and the sauce. I liked the way the sauce was on top, leaving the ingredients to cook on their own. Kind of like a calzone I guess.

img_1218565_0_43f634cb8bbe7308c7073f28a348ba9c.jpg

Damn! That looks evil but good :yum: Is that mushroom sauce oozing out of the middle?

Damn! That looks evil but good :yum: Is that mushroom sauce oozing out of the middle?

That would be the ingredients, which looks like it includes mushrooms. And the cheese. Look up at my post above yours. I watched them building these on TV yesterday and listed the layers. The only sauce is on top. :yum:
Pizza Paradise was on right after HOT DOG PARADISE :angel:

Back
Top Bottom