Dinner Saturday 15th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am only eating extremely soft foods (very soft baked potatoes, organic soups, applesauce, smoothies, yogurt, etc) and liquids such as tea, water, club soda, coconut milk, etc. because my sinus infection is causing problems with my teeth and jaw.

I will be smoking some pork chops for TB with my new stove top smoker and I will have ginger carrot cashew soup. I'm not sure what TB will have with it, but I have lots of time :)

LP, right at the moment, I can sympathise. husband had oral surgery a couple of days ago. He is a kind man, and told me to go out with my friends last night. But I will say, it was a Mex restaurant and I ordered lots of rice and refried beans. He'll be dining on them for awhiile!

Not sure what we'll have tonight. We're meeting Glenn's oldest daughter at her house, which is about 20 miles from here. We have to be there at 5 p.m. because she's treating him/us to a drag race event in a place about an hour away. It's his Father's Day treat from her, so our meal tonight could be cheese and crackers since we will have to eat about 4 p.m. We'll see.

Tonight is Crab Cakes (4) saute'd in garlic butter with a couple of little talapia filets.

I think I'll brine and smoke some spelunked mahi mahi on the little stovetop smoker. Maybe some asparagus and fingerlings.

Last edited:
Buffalo chicken drumsticks with blue cheese dressing and a salad.

The first locally grown strawberries of the year with whipped cream.

Mustgoes. Will make a salad to go along. Hmm, I'm jonesing for some sauteed shrimp on top but I probably won't bother. Supposed to make potato salad to go with hotdogs and burgers tomorrow, but the porterhouse steak the corner grocery store (very good Angus beef for a 3-store chain) has a weekend special. They're selling them for $4.99 a pound. Those steaks are calling my name...

Today I made 2 Pizza's, one with bacon & mushrooms, one with anchovies & cheese. Too many beers, I dropped the last pizza on the floor, what a mess!! It slipped off the peel . Dumb ass. I never even got a slice.
39817-albums933-picture5551.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, and the shame of it is, that I have been on a salt free diet for 2 yrs and I just lov anchovies!!

Oh, thank goodness, it was the anchovies. Whew. You saved the bacon.

Oops, sorry S&P, not an anchovy fan. Glad you made 2 pizzas!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom