Dinner Saturday 16th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are going over to mums for dinner :)

It is Steve's birthday tomorrow and Steve and I are going out for dinner, so tonight mum is having us over so she can celebrate his pre birthday with us!

Mum is making her lovely veal parmigiana with french onion potatoes and is also making her lovely apricot cheesecake for dessert :)

Sounds like an enjoyable evening, Kylie.

Tonight we are taking Mrs. K out for her birthday. First, we're having sushi at a place called Seven, after which we're off to see Monty Python's Spamalot musical. It should be a fun night, although I'm a little nervous about doing all this on crutches.

Mussels, with sourdough bread for those that want to greedily eat it dunked in the sauce. Personally I prefer to reserve the sauce and use it as a stock to make a leek soups the next day.

I am cracking open a jar of plums preserved in brandy to have with some yoghurt afterwards.

It's horrid weather here though, and we would have been better with a stick to your ribs type supper, so I might turn the plums into a more substantial upside down cake instead.

Still need to do some shopping. Going to try my hand at making Coq Au Vin (maybe in the slow cooker), served over broad noodles, or fingerlings added to the pot (albeit unconventional). A fresh fruit tart (from the bakery) for dessert.

Fresh Fruit Tart.png

I'm going non-meat: stir-fried rice with veggies and maybe some tofu...not sure about the tofu yet. I think the only kind I have in the fridge is the soft kind...I'm trying to eat more tofu, but am still learning which kind to buy and how long to press and drain it, marinate it.

We wete going to go to a dinner theater and see the new Oz movie, but the weather is so nice, we didn't want to go inside. So we're going to pick up dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant. Not sure yet what I'll get.

Sounds like an enjoyable evening, Kylie.

Tonight we are taking Mrs. K out for her birthday. First, we're having sushi at a place called Seven, after which we're off to see Monty Python's Spamalot musical. It should be a fun night, although I'm a little nervous about doing all this on crutches.

Thank you Steve, it was really lovely :)

Happy Birthday to Mrs K :)

Hope all was well on crutches!

We wete going to go to a dinner theater and see the new Oz movie, but the weather is so nice, we didn't want to go inside. So we're going to pick up dinner at a Mediterranean restaurant. Not sure yet what I'll get.

The restaurant sounds nice GG, have you been yet, if so, what did you have?

The restaurant sounds nice GG, have you been yet, if so, what did you have?

I've been there quite a few times, usually for lunch when I was working. I've had the stuffed grape leaves, salmon platter and kefta platter for dinner and usually a kefta sandwich in pita for lunch. Comes with hummus and pita chips. I'll see what the specials are and let you know what I end up with.

I made a small sausage egg and cheese strata and stir fried cabbage and green peas with caraway. And for the luck of the Irish-- O'Jalapenos in both.

Wow. Did everyone on DC take the night off? :ohmy:
Where's all the dinner folk tonight? :huh:

Anyway, I will be having the steak dinner tonight.
Carry on ;)

I've been there quite a few times, usually for lunch when I was working. I've had the stuffed grape leaves, salmon platter and kefta platter for dinner and usually a kefta sandwich in pita for lunch. Comes with hummus and pita chips. I'll see what the specials are and let you know what I end up with.

The lunch there sounds nice :yum:

Look forward to hearing what you have :)

I tried another odd recipe from my Danish cooking site: Baconbffer p stegte kartofler med billede Alletiders Kogebog That's bacon burgers on cream potatoes. It was really good and very filling. Next time I make it I will either lower the temperature for cooking the 'taters or I won't put them on the bottom shelf of the oven, or both. The cream got really dark. I thought it was burnt, but it tasted good. I also added three mince cloves of garlic to the burgers. They were very soft before I browned them. That may have been because I used a whole egg, even though I only made half the recipe.

I'll take pix next time I make it, if the cream doesn't get too dark.

And here they are on the grill.

image-1619673795.jpg

And they are done!

image-3613118477.jpg

We had red wine too! Malbec
I was going to take a picture when the table was set and the food plated, but in the excitement of the meal, I forgot. It was wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom