Dinner Saturday 17th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having fresh mullet fillets that we will crumb with our lovely homemade baked chips :)

Haven't even put our tucker away from the grocery tonight!:) For some reason this tune keeps popping in my head "Once a jolly swagman sat beside a billabong, Under the shade of a coulibah tree, And he sang as he sat and waited by the billabong":)

"Will you come a waltzing Matilda with me."

We split enchiladas indigenes al pastor at our fave Mexican place.

Last edited:
Okay--tomorrow (that would be Saturday), the plan is to make cod...can't remember what the recipe is called. But, you put cod fillets in a baking dish (I use a pyrex one), dab with butter, top with chopped tomatoes, some jalapeno peppers, sweet peppers, Italian parsley, lemon, S&P, bake for about 20 minutes at 350. Serve with rice. I might make a dessert--don't know yet. I'm heading out to the farm at about 0-dark hundred to let Rocky and his girls out for the day. Won't be able to leave until they go in for the night. Have to top up their feed hopper and waterer. I'm bringing my knitting--plan on sitting on the couch, watching cooking shows, and running the wood stove.

Haven't even put our tucker away from the grocery tonight!:) For some reason this tune keeps popping in my head "Once a jolly swagman sat beside a billabong, Under the shade of a coulibah tree, And he sang as he sat and waited by the billabong":)

Great old tune :)

Dinners sound good guys :) I'm still trying to wake up, I slept late. It's 8 am now. I went to bed at 1am.
It's a toss up between crumbed lemon pepper hake fillets and Cornish Pasties with veggies.

Snip, the crumbed hake sounds delicious...I have phoned a few fish shops and one so far sells frozen hake, so at least I can get it again

We used to be able to get it here, it was very readily available but not now for some reason :rolleyes:

It is a lovely fish though...especially crumbed :yum:

I've made a coleslaw with a Sesame Orange dressing and will add mandarin oranges to it. I have a couple of pork chops marinating in an orange and soy sauce mix. Then roasted asparagus with lemon butter.

not sure .. havent really cooked anything good this week ..
been living on left overs and freezer items ... might just see what the store has ..

Cold slaw w/raspberry vinaigrette. Pork ribs w/herbs & garlic/home-made bbq sauce. Steamed mixed veges. Steamed rice. Lemon/cherry pies. Maybe.

Back
Top Bottom