Dinner Saturday 1st June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finally making the beef kabobs. Meat should be nice and tender since it will have marinated for about 30 hours. Found some tired mushrooms I might be able to save by mincing and sauteing up, then mixing with brown rice. Also going to make a bit of quiona to try as a bed under the grilled stuff. Of course, we'll probably have a salad. :LOL:

Chicken drumsticks and thighs on the grill (with BBQ sauce per SO's request). Sesame noodles on the side.

My dad brought us some pork bbq the other day. I'll heat that up and serve on buns with slaw, chips and dip and salads.

We're having CP pulled pork and slaw as well.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Walleye!
39817-albums960-picture5530.jpg

*sigh* Maybe tomorrow we'll have the kabobs...if it doesn't rain in the evening. Spent an hour+ on the phone with our daugher and that is infinitely better than kabobs! Himself finished up the last hot dog and couple pieces of Italian sausage, I had a toasted ham and cheese on country bread from Panera's. Of course we started with...bowls of green stuff. :)

Ate out again. Had no lunch because I was working so we went and ate early. Fish and chips for me. Nothing special. Would have rathered ate at home but we went for a drive to a shop that sold Birkenstocks. By the time we would have gotten home it would have been too late to start anything.

ok, getting back on topic (addie made me), we went out for our weekly sushi fix.

miso soup for the boy, while dw and i split a gyoza and veggie soup.

then salads with garlic sesame dressing.

for entrees, dw had the chicken, scallops, and veggie teryaki combo in a sizzling iron bowl.
my boy had 2 rolls: rainbow and dragon. and an extra piece of shrimp and octopus, each.
i had the sushi deluxe: 13 pieces of sushi, with a tuna maki and a california temaki.

even though we were stuffed, we had green teas, and split a bowl of a scoop of red bean ice cream, and a scoop of ginger ice cream. man, a bit of both on a spoon hit the spot.

afterwards, my boy and i went down to the field for some batting and fly ball practice to work off the sushi.

Roast beef, gravy, mashed potatoes, buttered Italian green beans, iced tea and.....homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert. Local strawberries are available and are awesome this year.

That sounds delicious Katie :yum:

Back
Top Bottom