Dinner Saturday 20th April 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you guys are killing me. i'm exhausted but oh so hungry.

i had last night off but only slept a few hours because i'm normally on vst, so after getting up at 4am, i went down to the baseball field at 8 am and helped remove inches of water off the tarped field with only two other coaches. 30 guys, and only 3 show up. sheesh. getting a tarp off and a field ready for a game is a lot of work without yourselves of pounds of water in the first place. but we got it done; raking the mound, preparing the infield and batters box, lining the baselines, pickng up garbage...

after 3 hours of getting the field ready, i went home and dw went on the warpath about how i spend more time with baseball than on our home, so spent an equal 3 hours transplanting hydrangeas and weeding/removing old mulch from an area that we're going to have a fence put in, then like back to the field for a 5 hour shift running the kitchen for 2 little league games and then cleaning up and shutting it down. i still don't know how professional chefs do it.

i thought i was done, but when i got home sore and stiff, my boy wanted to play a baseball video game (which is very instructional), so we played until bedtime, and then i headed back into work.

stick a fork in me; i'm done.

so, long story (if you're the chief) short, i'm heading out for great souvlaki, fries, and a salad.

dinner at last.

it doesn't end, though. i have to work until noon, then under dw's furrowed brow i have more yardwork to do, and then we have team practice from 4pm to 6-ish.

and back at work by 11.

i now know what a rat on a wheel feels like.

Last edited:
buckytom, WHEN do you sleep? I got tired just reading about your schedule! And The Wife doesn't give you a break when you get home? Maybe you should take lessons from Himself on how to ignore the wife and do as you please. Um, better yet, can I take lessons from your dw on how to MAKE him do my bidding?:ROFLMAO:

Glad you at least got a bite to eat.;)

lol, goddess. yeah, sleep is nice. someday. when i'm dead.

i wasn't a nice person for a good part of my life. then i was blessed with a great kid for reasons unknown, so i'm making up for it.

does your hubby do guilt or shame? that works. :)

little treats and high pitched, simple, and complimentary language.

that's what works with cats.

hell, works with me...

i can purr, knead, and lick with the best of them after that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom