Dinner Saturday, 20th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh how i miss our popeye's chicken! about three years ago they just suddenly vanished, and a jiffy lube took their place! i loved their dirty rice, spicy crispy chicken and biscuits. bunny, you're gonna love it if you can handle a little bit of spice...i envy you, bunny--tell you what: i'll trade you three of our hardee's and throw in a wendy's too for your popeye's chicken, deal?

Home made chicken and sundried tomato sausage, broccoli , roasted garlic, w/Sicilian pesto.
Classic Pepperoni, Mushroom and onion.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Rocklobster said:
Home made chicken and sundried tomato sausage, broccoli , roasted garlic, w/Sicilian pesto.
Classic Pepperoni, Mushroom and onion.

Dang, does that look good, RL!

Panfried ribeyes and something else here.

Last edited:
vitauta said:
oh how i miss our popeye's chicken! about three years ago they just suddenly vanished, and a jiffy lube took their place! i loved their dirty rice, spicy crispy chicken and biscuits. bunny, you're gonna love it if you can handle a little bit of spice...i envy you, bunny--tell you what: i'll trade you three of our hardee's and throw in a wendy's too for your popeye's chicken, deal?

Haha Vitauta! I can't make that deal....we don't have a Popeyes near our home (we are 100 miles south at DD's) and I wouldn't feel right about "trading" my DD's away. Lol! You were right the spicy crispy was really good, we had coleslaw (mediocre IMO), red beans and rice (very good) and biscuits as sides. Overall, very good!

Somebunny said:
Haha Vitauta! I can't make that deal....we don't have a Popeyes near our home (we are 100 miles south at DD's) and I wouldn't feel right about "trading" my DD's away. Lol! You were right the spicy crispy was really good, we had coleslaw (mediocre IMO), red beans and rice (very good) and biscuits as sides. Overall, very good!

Love popyes... We have one about ten mins from us.. and a bojangles 5 mins from us...love both of them..

Follow-up report on our vegetable-beef soup. I would say it's the best I've ever made. I would have to say that the thing that probably contributed to how delicious it was was the homemade beef stock that I used. After it was all said and done, there were 10 vegetables/mushrooms in it and a bowl was a meal.

For a change, I paid attention to my measurements, etc., so I can write it down and duplicate it. Yeah!!!

Katie H said:
Follow-up report on our vegetable-beef soup. I would say it's the best I've ever made. I would have to say that the thing that probably contributed to how delicious it was was the homemade beef stock that I used. After it was all said and done, there were 10 vegetables/mushrooms in it and a bowl was a meal.

For a change, I paid attention to my measurements, etc., so I can write it down and duplicate it. Yeah!!!

How did you make your beef stock... Last time i made it i got some veal bones.. it was so rich it was a meal by itself...

powerplantop said:
They were pickled in soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar and soju (Korean liquor).

They are jalapenos? Sounds great.. something you made or can you buy them?

Back
Top Bottom