Dinner Saturday, 20th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just snacked for supper tonight. James had celery and peanut butter, and I had Hillshire Farm Beef and Jalapeno sausage with cream cheese. :yum::yum:

Yeah... This is gonna be messy..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121020_223423.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121020_223423.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 156
  • ForumRunner_20121020_223446.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121020_223446.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 157
Stirling isn't going for Chinese, but we aren't having the lamb tonight. That'll have to be tomorrow night. It's my first try at using a slow cooker. I'm making beef stew.
Okay, that beef stew was delicious. I am looking forward to experimenting with the slow cooker. I didn't put any potatoes in the stew, I served mashed potatoes instead. Those were some tasty, organic potatoes. I didn't add anything to the potatoes except salt in the cooking water. I mashed the 'taters with the cooking water and they were still scrumptious.

This months BA had several "horses doovers" as a friend calls them or hor'devours to most. We had serveral for dinner. Deep fried pork meatballs with marinera, spicy lime/chili cashew, onion/shallot dip made with yogurt and sour cream, seared scallops with peach preserves and a red bell pepper cold soup with toasted corriander seeds and capers sprinkled on top. Next time we'll use fresh red bells instead of the jarred the recipe called for. Won't be making the scallop dish again, which BTW was from an earlier BA.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom