Dinner Saturday 20th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure. I was thinking we were going out for the day and would have dinner out but that may have fallen through...still have 1/2 a roast chicken in the fridge, so maybe chicken fajitas...

I've been told by Hubby we are ordering Pizza for dinner. Yay, I don't have to cook today so the chicken will be cooked tomorrow!!!!!!

I am open to anything right now.
I was half thinking of making up some fatties and smoking them, but feel no real ambition to make them up at the moment. I'll be going to the store later for some BACON that is on sale for 2 bucks/lb (yay), so maybe something will inspire me there if nothing does in everyone else's meals here.

We're having the brats we were supposed to have last night. We got a call just before DH got home from work from some friends asking us out to dinner. Never turn that down so the brats went back in the fridge and will get grilled tonight.

I have a pot roast in the crock pot. I'll toss in some carrots and baby red potatoes a little later and maybe put a spinach salad together for a light app. I feel like baking something for dessert... I need to check the pantry & freezer and see what I have to work with.

I have Chili over brown rice topped with cheese and sour cream, guacamole and salad planned.

A nice slab of tuna, either grilled or pan seared. Maybe some brown rice, and corn with jalapenos. Cucumber lemonade with other stuff in it.

Last edited:
We're having the brats we were supposed to have last night. We got a call just before DH got home from work from some friends asking us out to dinner. Never turn that down so the brats went back in the fridge and will get grilled tonight.

Sound like a modern version of Hansel and Gretal :ohmy:

No idea here yet.
Just sayin'.
I do have some hamburger left over from my joes, though... grilled burger doesn't sound too bad. Maybe I'll make a hamburger club sub.

Cedar plank Salmon for sure, not sure about sides though. I always think rice is a good compliment to fish, so maybe I can come up with a cold rice salad. It's quite warm here today I do declare it may be the warmest day we have had this non-summer which I have dubbed Sprall (spring/fall). I think I will do something with peaches for dessert.

been invited to a neighbour/friend, and he decided the other day he wanted to make his Grandmother's Christmas turkey dinner.....so, that's our dinner for the evening....we bought a good bottle of Beaugalais (you know what I mean...lol) and I made an apple tart

I've decided to slice up a whole tri tip roast into 2" thick super steaks and grill them. I've never done this before. I'll serve this with grilled asparagus and onions.

I hope that turns out for you RF. I sliced one up in 2" slices to grill and it was tough as a boot.
Yep I cut them across the grain. I concluded that tri tip needs to stay whole, and thinly sliced. Like I say, I hope you have better luck. Maybe some meat tenderizer pounded into them might work.

We're having loin lamb chops with fresh mint sauce, baked potato, steamed broccoli.

I hope that turns out for you RF. I sliced one up in 2" slices to grill and it was tough as a boot.
Yep I cut them across the grain. I concluded that tri tip needs to stay whole, and thinly sliced. Like I say, I hope you have better luck. Maybe some meat tenderizer pounded into them might work.

We're having loin lamb chops with fresh mint sauce, baked potato, steamed broccoli.
Your dinner sounds wonderful.
Well we'll see what happens to my 2" steaks. Since my wife is out of town I can experiment....lol... If they turn out tough I'll toss them across the street into the woods for the coyotes.
I've never sliced them this thick before. I've marinated 1/2" slices and grilled them before and they came out pretty good. These won't be marinated, just simple seasoning, cooked indirect on the Weber, then seared at the end.
I'll post the outcome tomorrow. :)))

Your dinner sounds wonderful.
Well we'll see what happens to my 2" steaks. Since my wife is out of town I can experiment....lol... If they turn out tough I'll toss them across the street into the woods for the coyotes.
I've never sliced them this thick before. I've marinated 1/2" slices and grilled them before and they came out pretty good. These won't be marinated, just simple seasoning, cooked indirect on the Weber, then seared at the end.
I'll post the outcome tomorrow. :)))

Woo Hoo while the wife's away.......it can be a secret if they don't turn out RF !! Forget the coyotes! I made an outstanding beef stew the next day. Nice char flavor to the stew, and chewable. You could tell her it was your intention. ;)

I'll save the meat. I usually chop them down the next day and re-grill them on the cast iron griddle for asada tacos with just chopped onions and cilantro. They always turn out very good regardless of how bad the meat was the night before....lol...

Back
Top Bottom