Dinner Saturday 23rd February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having a simple dinner!

Cauliflower Au Gratin :)

Found it on the Spam website and liked the sound of it ;)

Recipe

Last edited:
We also had some Honey and Mustard Carrots with this meal....it was all delicious :yum:

I was surprised at just how good the Cauliflower and spam meal was :)

We will be going to our church's first Sweethearts Dinner tonight. I can't remember what is on the menu, but it is being catered and I remember everything sounded wonderful. :cool:

Spam and cauliflower? :ermm: Whoda thunk? :LOL:
Hey Andy, here's a cauliflower recipe for ya ;)
I just happened to buy a head of cauliflower this week, too. Maybe I'll make myself a mini casserole.

I'm going to make Kayelle's lemony lamb balls with asparagus sauce... or something like that :angel: I might cook a piece of fish, too.

Heading into Ottawa this afternoon to meet my son at my brother's house. My son is going to have a burger and sausage stand outside of a pub in the Byward Market for the summer season. We are going to buy him a grill today. Then, back to my brother's house to taste test some of his recipes....So, it looks like burgers and sausages today

We ended up running around last night so I ended up not cooking. We'll have the ham and macaroni and cheese planned tonight.

Tonight we are having a simple dinner!

Cauliflower Au Gratin :)

Found it on the Spam website and liked the sound of it ;)

Recipe

as i always say, 'there's no shame in my spame' (to taunting friends).:)

thanks, kylie. your cauliflower au gratin is on my short to-try list.
also, thank you for the spam link. i found another dish there that has me really intrigued. spam carbonara--it has a look of potential greatness-- a great hit or a huge miss, i'm thinking--what with the cream, wine and sage in there....(betcha i got you to look now, didn' i):LOL:

Even with Spam in it and cheese sauce on it, DH will not eat cauliflower, no way, no how! ;)

Some friends invited us to go with them to a comedy club tonight, so we're all going out for Mexican first.

Even with Spam in it and cheese sauce on it, DH will not eat cauliflower, no way, no how! ;)

Some friends invited us to go with them to a comedy club tonight, so we're all going out for Mexican first.

Here's a trick for you to make this recipe taste great. Make the sauce, steam the cauliflower separately. Steam some rice and serve the sauce over the rice. Discard the cauliflower.

We are going for Chinese food with TB's parents for lunch and then I have a medical test in the afternoon. We have made no dinner plans because we are just not sure what we want until we want it these days. There are plenty of leftovers and will probably get the leftover Chinese if there is any as his parents are leaving for California tomorrow.

I am going to two different agricultural meetings this afternoon and early evening. The first one is advertised as serving light refreshments and the second meeting will have local artisan foods and wines. :)

Spam and cauliflower? :ermm: Whoda thunk? :LOL:

I just happened to buy a head of cauliflower this week, too. Maybe I'll make myself a mini casserole.

I know...but surprisingly they went very well together :)

Cauli always tastes good with a white or cheese sauce :yum:

as i always say, 'there's no shame in my spame' (to taunting friends).:)

thanks, kylie. your cauliflower au gratin is on my short to-try list.
also, thank you for the spam link. i found another dish there that has me really intrigued. spam carbonara--it has a look of potential greatness-- a great hit or a huge miss, i'm thinking--what with the cream, wine and sage in there....(betcha i got you to look now, didn' i):LOL:

Your very welcome V :)

I had already seen the Spam Carbonara :LOL:, yes, that looks nice too :yum:

With the cauli dish, we will try it with really crispy bacon pieces next time :)

I've got a pot roast going in the crock pot. We'll have that with a salad on the side. I'm also making some rosemary / olive oil bread that's reminiscent of the Romano Grills recipe. I hope it turns out. I am having cravings for a pot roast sammitch on fresh bread. My baking skills are a work in progress so....... ::crossing fingers::

Back
Top Bottom