Dinner Saturday 23rd March 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, it was a "standard" portion. And, I only ate 1/2 of a slice of the bread. Maybe I had too much broccoli. But, I think because the pasta was whole wheat (with spinach and pesto mixed into the dough) and the lasagne was loaded with veggies--grated carrot, tomato chunks, eggplant, zucchini, portabello mushroom slices, ricotta, moz., parm.) it was just very, very filling. Or maybe because I don't eat like that in the evening very often. One of my guests doesn't eat "white" so I had to do 100% wholewheat for the bread and the noodles. It was fun coming up with 100% vegetarian dishes (especially since 2 normally don't eat vegetarian). No one missed the meat in the lasagne.
:LOL: I don't eat white either. Other than stuff made with white flour and white rice, is there something else white that I'm forgetting (dairy doesn't count)?

Not sure why you mentioned lutefisk, but I don't think ANYONE eats that (ha-ha). Fiskeboller I love made with walleye...
I think Tom was mentioning white food one might not want to eat. I didn't mean fish, meat, fruit, or vegis.

I also don't eat blue. :ermm: :LOL:

I'm planning to make white chicken chili and cornbread. Maybe a small salad, too.

Chicken chili turned out good, but turned red once I added the salsa. I may need to look for another recipe. Cornbread never has the heat I want. Might add some cayenne next time. But dinner was tasty.

Attachments

• 2013-03-23 20.33.14.jpg
    2013-03-23 20.33.14.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 131
Chicken chili turned out good, but turned red once I added the salsa. I may need to look for another recipe. Cornbread never has the heat I want. Might add some cayenne next time. But dinner was tasty.
I use chicken breasts, shredded, chicken stock, white kidney beans, homemade salsa verde, jalapeno peppers, grated white cheddar (or mexican cheese when I can get it). At the end, I add some fresh lime juice and zest. On the table I put chopped green onions, more jalapeno peppers, avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, Habanero hot sauce, and other hot sauces. If I know s/one is going to join me who doesn't like hot, I cut back on the jalapeno peppers. I would think if you used salsa verde instead of red salsa, your recipe probably would still work.

I use chicken breasts, shredded, chicken stock, white kidney beans, homemade salsa verde, jalapeno peppers, grated white cheddar (or mexican cheese when I can get it). At the end, I add some fresh lime juice and zest. On the table I put chopped green onions, more jalapeno peppers, avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, Habanero hot sauce, and other hot sauces. If I know s/one is going to join me who doesn't like hot, I cut back on the jalapeno peppers. I would think if you used salsa verde instead of red salsa, your recipe probably would still work.

I used pretty much the same ingredients and I poached the chicken with a bay leaf and Mexican oregano. You're probably right about the salsa. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks for the tips.

Back
Top Bottom