Dinner Saturday 23rd March 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Besides the mushroom appy/starter,

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f7/iso-vegetarian-appy-help-84872.html

I'm making vegetarian lasagne, a tossed salad, and garlic bread from a homemade wholewheat loaf of French bread. It is a busy day in the kitchen. Dessert is fresh fruit papaya, plums, blueberries (since I don't do sugar, nor does my friend). And, I've invited two more people to join us.

big doings tonight, my sister is one person of a two person art opening, 6 of us are going out to dinner after, I don't know where, but should be very nice

I will be experimenting with some thin sirloin steaks tonight. I hope to slice them into strips and fry them up in my CI with some worcestershire sauce and onions and serve them on kaiser rolls. Not sure what I'll do for sides yet.

Thin and crispy Pork chops, or fat slices of bacon coated with pepper, potato cups with eggs baked inside, asparagus bundles tied with prosciutto, green ceasar salad and rolls.
kades

Grilled swordfish, garlic bread and a veggie of some kind - SO hasn't told me what I want for a veggie yet. :angel:

We are going to a wedding this afternoon so I'm not sure what will be served for dinner. Buffet I'm guessing. Of course its raining today and the nuptual services are taking in the something "gardens." Oh well. I'm sure they have that sort of thing figured out. And we get the chance to dress up a bit. =o)

I'm going to smoke some cod and salmon in the stovetop smoker. DH gets the salmon. Maybe with a salad.

Last edited:
Stirling is out having Chinese food with friends. I don't have time for the travel, since it's tax season. I am making a roasted vegi bisque and I think I'll have a sandwich with some of the organic, smoked ham I bought today to go with the soup.

I made ravioli for the guys, and I baked a chicken thigh and some broccoli for me. They had rolls too, but I didn't. I will have to try a small piece of the carrot cake I made earlier. We will have that later. Hubby has been in the garage all day working on his car (only stopped for dinner). When he quits for the night and comes in to relax the cake will be a nice treat. :yum:

Stirling is out having Chinese food with friends. I don't have time for the travel, since it's tax season. I am making a roasted vegi bisque and I think I'll have a sandwich with some of the organic, smoked ham I bought today to go with the soup.
The roasted vegi bisque was delicious and filling. I added one, small beet and it looks like borscht. :LOL:

The ham wasn't organic, just nitrate & hormone free. It was pretty good, but nothing special like the organic stuff.

Attachments

• 20130323_194233.jpg
    20130323_194233.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 135
Back
Top Bottom