Dinner Saturday 24th November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zhizara said:
I'm making another huge batch of RAR based fried rice. The last one came out really good, and makes easy to heat leftovers, great for a one dish dinner when I don't feel like cooking.

RAR? Que??

I haven't a clue. We just got back from a road trip, and have some leftover beef barley soup in the fridge.

Last edited:
Tonight's dinner is thin-sliced skirt steak (Lime garlic marinade) with a pot of red beans and rice. We wanted nothing resembling turkey or potatoes today.

Heading out to help my daughter walk the Malamute in the Santa Clause Parade tonight. Not sure how he is going to react with so much activity and other dogs around. He isn't aggressive, but He is a rural dog for the most part. So I am making up some chicken, white bean chili to eat before I go.

How did he go Rock?

How was the parade too, sounds good?

We just got back from the Outer Banks where we feasted at some really good restaurants. Now the cupboard is bare so I went out for milk and a few essentials. I ended up buying a ready to bake pizza philly steak style. Since we didn't eat lunch, we'll have an early supper. I'm about ready to pop it in the oven now.

We will be dining at our Car Club Christmas party this evening. It is a catered buffet meal featuring Baron of Beef ( we will be told it is prime rib) lol!
There will be some sort of Chicken, spuds, Vegetable lasagne, a veg or two, green salad and buns/rolls. Usually some bars, tarts and little cakes for dessert.

It's taken me three days of baby steps, but we're having roast chicken (Thanksgiving-style), stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, buttered peas, canned cranberry sauce, homemade potato rolls with butter, white wine and gooey pumpkin cake with whipped cream for dessert.

We ate at Glenn's daughter's house on Thursday and brought a few leftovers home, but I NEEDED the smells of the holiday and the pickin' that's so nice when I want just a taste.

Glenn bought an 8+ pound chicken at the grocery store the other day and it's being treated as if it's a turkey. It's all brown and shiny and will make lots of yummy gravy to slather over....everything.:yum::yum:

Nice thing is that we'll be able to eat for several days on what'll be left.

I was lusting over the ham bone at my sons house but when my DIL asked me how to make split pea soup I got ahold of myself as she hardly ever cooks.

It's warm here today but I sent Steve to the store for some smoked ham hocks and the smell of our split pea soup is drifting out the open windows. The neighbors walking their dogs with noses in the air is pretty funny, with both dogs and neighbors smelling our soup.:LOL:

Garbage Bowl Supper --
Thats what we call it anyways, It when nobody really know what they want for supper, so we get everything out of the fridge in leftovers and you make up your bowl and then heat it in the microwave.
My is mash potatoes then some turkey and cranbery sauce some carrots and topped with gravy. Another is mash potatoes, meatloaf, broccoli and gravy.
Sounds gross to some but try it - its fun to see what the family mixtures are -plus the fridge gets cleaned out.

letscook said:
Garbage Bowl Supper --
Thats what we call it anyways, It when nobody really know what they want for supper, so we get everything out of the fridge in leftovers and you make up your bowl and then heat it in the microwave.
My is mash potatoes then some turkey and cranbery sauce some carrots and topped with gravy. Another is mash potatoes, meatloaf, broccoli and gravy.
Sounds gross to some but try it - its fun to see what the family mixtures are -plus the fridge gets cleaned out.

Sounds like my YOYO night. Only not always in a bowl. I just declare YOYO when we have lots of leftovers or if I'm not cooking. Stands for Your On Your Own.

I made one of Q's popper burgers and used the leftover filling to stuff some mushrooms with. I threw the hot dog on for good measure... good thing :pig:

Attachments

• burger1.jpg
    burger1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 151
  • burger2.jpg
    burger2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
Minnesota Iron Range Porketta. I don't know what else I'll make to go with it.
Here's a pic of the Porketta before I plated. I made white rice and green beans as the sides. Didn't take pics after plating--I was hungry!

Attachments

• porchetta_01.jpg
    porchetta_01.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 140

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom