Dinner, Saturday 27th July 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making a Jamie Oliver Spaghetti Bolognese :chef:

The sauce has lots of bits and pieces in it and needs to be cooking for one hour, I am sure it is going to be delicious :yum:

We will be having some oiled and grill panned ciabatta and a nice bottle of red wine :)

We'll be having the shark we didn't eat the other night since I didn't know about the soaking process before. It's been soaked in milk and I'll freeze part and cook part. Biscuits and salads with it.

just got back from the farmer'e market with a pound of spinach, some eggs and bunches of red and white onions. not sure what dinner will be but am thinking of starting with a fresh spinach salad for today and either a crustless quiche or some pesto with the spinach in a day or two. I have a lot of parsley growing in my sister's backyard for the pesto too, and I am in charge of her very productive tomato plants while she gone to the East Coast for a few weeks;).

We are doing breakfast for dinner. Pretty standard stuff. French toast with fresh strawberry jam, eggs to order, thick bacon, tomatoes, cantaloupe, orange and tomato juice. We haven't made a big breakfast in a while since our teenage kids have taken to sleeping very late this summer :(

Last edited:
Sounds good Hank! Love breakfast for dinner.

I am thawing some skin on, bone in chicken thighs that are destined for the BBQ grill. Not sure what the sides will be, I have ZERO imagination lately :(

Picked up a tray of rib eyes @ Costco this afternoon. So dinner was two of those rib eyes grilled along with roasted red potatoes and steamed broccoli. Mr. Samuel Adams provided the beverage.

PBJ on stick and twigs bread, 1 cup Flathead cherries, met the guy who grew and picked them yesterday, he was stocking up when I got the the store last night. His name is John, so yes, I DO know the name of my farmer

We'll be having the shark we didn't eat the other night since I didn't know about the soaking process before. It's been soaked in milk and I'll freeze part and cook part. Biscuits and salads with it.

That sounds really nice Jab, it will be so nice and tender after soaking in milk :)

I have some beef tenderloin that has been in the freezer for a long time so I decided to make steak au poivre (Steak au Poivre Recipe). I was shocked to find that I didn't have any shallots, so I substituted red onion and garlic. I decided to use red wine instead of cognac, because we have found the cognac to be a bit much. I didn't crush the pepper, I used the Magic Bullet.

It was wonderful. Even though I could see pink bits on the thicker end of Stirling's steak, he found it cooked enough (he prefers well done. :wacko:). This is very encouraging. I like my steaks anywhere from blue to medium rare, so it's a real nuisance to cook his steak 2-3 times as long as mine.

We had boiled potatoes with butter and a salad. I added freshly grated pecorino Romano to the salad dressing. That was tasty, but this steak and sauce has so much flavour, that next time I hope to remember to make a blue cheese dressing. It isn't likely to wimp out by comparison to the steak and sauce.

That all sounds lovely Taxy :yum:

We like our steaks medium rare too :)

I used to like well done, but over the past few years Steve has cooked them medium rare and it is surprising how much nicer they taste, the flavour and the texture, so juicy too :yum:

BBQ cupcake chicken, mashed, and cheese cauliflower
39817-albums933-picture5582.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom