Dinner Saturday 27th October

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just made some tzatziki. Never made it before, so I hope it turns out good. The plan is to use some of that leftover lamb roast in pita wraps with tzatziki, onion, and tomato. A field greens salad with leftover blue cheese dressing on the side.

I just made some tzatziki. Never made it before, so I hope it turns out good. The plan is to use some of that leftover lamb roast in pita wraps with tzatziki, onion, and tomato. A field greens salad with leftover blue cheese dressing on the side.

Gyros without the gyration :)

Sauce is coming along great...

We have a meeting of our dinner club tonight. The theme is Italian. I put together a cold antipasto platter, and am now working on a couple of warm items to bring along, too.

Both of yours look awesome! Actually everyone's dinner is tempting. But at least I don't have to cook tonight. I ended up making a berry crisp to take to the in-laws.

Tonight is a cast iron cooking night. I stopped by the Lodge Cast Iron Outlet store just west of Chattanooga, TN and picked up a couple new pots for my collection. I have a dutch oven with turkey chili slowly bubbling on the stove top and a peach cobbler in a skillet in the oven.

We love that stuff...hope it works out :)

We had roasted stuffed chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy. Cauliflower and green salad. Good old fashioned Sunday dinner on Saturday!

I decided to forgo the baked potato and good thing I did, I was stuffed as it was :pig:
I had three pieces of prime rib left over. I think I'll slice one thin for steak sandwiches later today.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 157
Spent the day shopping for supplies and getting ready for Frankenstorm so I didn't feel like cooking. I picked up some Marie Callendar's pot pies that were on sale and we had those with some sliced tomatoes ( the last one from the garden).

I decided to forgo the baked potato and good thing I did, I was stuffed as it was :pig:
I had three pieces of prime rib left over. I think I'll slice one thin for steak sandwiches later today.

that looks great ...:yum:

That's a perfect plate. Roast cooked just right and the stuffed 'shrooms and asparagus look out of this world too.

Man, you take good care of yourself!

We love that stuff...hope it works out :)
I found two recipes for tzatziki by Greeks. They were very, very similar. Now I know why Greeks consider it a meze or salad, and not a sauce. It had a lot more cucumber than what we are used to. Stirling said it was about the max amount of cucumber he is willing to eat - he doesn't like cucumber. I ate some of it as a salad. I should also have let it sit longer before we ate it. I only gave it an hour, which was how long the other Greek recipe said. It's much tastier this morning.

The lamb was kind of under seasoned compared with the various pita sandwiches we have had in Greek restos. So, I Googled souvlaki seasoning and I had the Greek oregano, but next time I will add lemon. I'm thinking that I might mix up some lemon juice, Greek oregano, and chicken stock and sort of marinate it for a while before heating it.

Thanks Taxy, Thanks Andy.

Taxy, could you PM me the tzatziki recipe you used? I love cucumber, especially in a Greek type wrap. I have a feeling I would like this.

I found two recipes for tzatziki by Greeks. They were very, very similar. Now I know why Greeks consider it a meze or salad, and not a sauce. It had a lot more cucumber than what we are used to. Stirling said it was about the max amount of cucumber he is willing to eat - he doesn't like cucumber. I ate some of it as a salad. I should also have let it sit longer before we ate it. I only gave it an hour, which was how long the other Greek recipe said. It's much tastier this morning.

The lamb was kind of under seasoned compared with the various pita sandwiches we have had in Greek restos. So, I Googled souvlaki seasoning and I had the Greek oregano, but next time I will add lemon. I'm thinking that I might mix up some lemon juice, Greek oregano, and chicken stock and sort of marinate it for a while before heating it.

I love souvlaki. The Greek trinity of seasonings is oregano, lemon and garlic; I mix those with olive oil and S&P for marinating chicken or pork for souvlaki.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom