Dinner Saturday 27th of August

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
while i wish i was eating with uncle bib, i also want to take k-l's manicotti class.

instead, we've decided to try to empty the fridge. so i'll be making some kind of chicken legs and thighs braised in red wine, with butter sauteed sweet onions and garlic, banana and bell peppers, celery, bok choy, carrots, fennel, rosemary, lemon thyme, purple basil, and sage.

I don't know what to call it.

I usually like to mix Turnip Greens with the Mustard Greens.... I Always add the turnip roots...they add a certain ....sweetness.. to the greens...plus they are just darn good to eat....Add them towards the end....careful not to over cook....they will get mushy.....

Any basic cornbread recipe will work to make Hush Puppies....You can add things like chopped green onions, chopped Jalapeno pepper, whole kernel corn, garlic powder, chopped onion, black pepper etc, etc,.....I prefer to keep them pretty simple and basic however....Drop the batter by tablespoon full into the hot oil....It only takes a few minutes...

Fun & Enjoy!!

Thank you Uncle Bob :)
I always mix my mustard greens with swiss chard or beetroot greens but I will try your way. It's sounds good! I've eaten turnip greens but just steamed with lemon and butter.
I'll go a browse for a cornbread recipe :) I like the idea Jalapeno and green onions and the garlic powder! Maybe even some grated cheddar?

This may be the last meal for awhile. We lose power all the time during normal storms.

Western scramble - Ham, onion, red and green bell peppers sautéed in butter then eggs added and cooked until set and a side of cantaloupe cubes.

img_1042283_0_583857229d232c9c28b31f2ac5bd3022.jpg

I love western sandwiches. Either with ham or bacon as the meat.
I know what I'm making tomorrow :chef:

msmofet said:
This may be the last meal for awhile. We lose power all the time during normal storms.

Western scramble - Ham, onion, red and green bell peppers sautéed in butter then eggs added and cooked until set and a side of cantaloupe cubes.

Yikes! Last meal :( Looks good, MM! Hope the storm is kind!

Leftover asparagus quiche. May make some fried rice.

while i wish i was eating with uncle bib, i also want to take k-l's manicotti class.

instead, we've decided to try to empty the fridge. so i'll be making some kind of chicken legs and thighs braised in red wine, with butter sauteed sweet onions and garlic, banana and bell peppers, celery, bok choy, carrots, fennel, rosemary, lemon thyme, purple basil, and sage.

I don't know what to call it.

Chicken Irene:chef:

img_1042307_0_583857229d232c9c28b31f2ac5bd3022.jpg

Ms M, we have always called that a "Denver Omelet". DH always gets confused because he says its a scramble not an omelet. ;) Either way it is a big hit here! It's actually one of the few ways I enjoy eggs. Yours looks yummy!

Now that you mention it Laurie... Denver has ham, westerns always had bacon, but that's what mom called them. I don't know if it was a regional or family thing.

And my vote it Chicken Irene, BT. You will always remember the first time you made it.

Got my shrimp thawing...

I love western sandwiches. Either with ham or bacon as the meat.
I know what I'm making tomorrow :chef:

Yikes! Last meal :( Looks good, MM! Hope the storm is kind!

Leftover asparagus quiche. May make some fried rice.

Ms M, we have always called that a "Denver Omelet". DH always gets confused because he says its a scramble not an omelet. ;) Either way it is a big hit here! It's actually one of the few ways I enjoy eggs. Yours looks yummy!
Thank you everyone.

LP an omelet is folded a scramble is all messed up. LOL Anyway I call it both scrambled or omelet depending on my mood. Since everything is all messed up today it's a scramble. LOL

Some places around here add tomato, cheddar and sometimes sausage to the ham, onions and peppers here and call it a "Denver".

Oh yeah, and western always referred to a sandwich, whereas Denver was an omelet. I never saw a western omelet in the local diners.

Oh yeah, and western always referred to a sandwich, whereas Denver was an omelet. I never saw a western omelet in the local diners.
Really? We have western omelets here but omelets here are always folded and brown. I don't care for brown eggs.

Really? We have western omelets here but omelets here are always folded and brown. I don't care for brown eggs.

Really? Your omelets are always brown there?
Is that a Jersey thing, or Eastern NY, where ever you are?

Back
Top Bottom