Dinner Saturday 29th June 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tonight for dinner we are making a three course meal and dessert.

A mix platter of humus, greek yogurt and red beats along with some boiled quail eggs a pink sauce.

Bucatini with a lamb, beef, and veal bolognese. Lots of parmiggiano reggiano.

Pineapple marinated Roast beef slices au jus, with rosemary roasted potatoes, and sauteed asparagus.

For dessert a caramel crusted Quesillo (custard Venezuelan style)

We're headed out to a family reunion cookout/eat in this afternoon. No idea what will be there for eats.

We are having dinner at A Bellagio in Cambell. A good friend from out of town is hosting a large group and I'm guessing he will go for the "just make us happy" menu. He and I are going wine shopping in a little while. Somehow he couldn't find enough with 2 days in wine country :) He really knows his wine and the selections are sure to be spectacular. /BRAG :)

Then off to Vegas for a few days with some in the same group. No idea what we will eat

Last edited:
Chicken piccata, couscous, steamed Italian green beans, iced tea for our beverage and........Klondike bars for dessert. Yes, we're a bit goofy but, this week, Glenn said he sooooo wanted Klondike bars. We've managed to make the 6-piece package last nearly a week. Guess we have better self-control than we realized.:ohmy::angel:

Grilled Italian chicken breasts. Don't know yet what to fix to go with, but I will think of something, always do!;)

Tonight for dinner we are making meatballs and pappaderelle :yum:

I had to look that up. No, not meatballs, but I did have to look up pappaderelle. I figured it was some kind of pasta. Looks good!

Nice dinners guys.

We had a big lunch out, so I won't be cooking. We went to a small, local BBQ place. I had pulled pork and DH had brisket tacos.

PPO that looks awesome! And everyone else's dinner sounds great.

Not sure, but we are having tacos as a late lunch so we may just have some hearty salads for dinner.

We have an incredible farmers market on Saturdays now. Growers from Southern Colorado and Northern New Mexico, along with live music, pastries, coffee, mexican foods, fresh meats, cheeses, milk, yogurt.....it is quite the social scene too. I came away with only eggs, spinach and sugar snap peas. Salad on the menu tonight.

We usually dont have 'meals' for dinner. Something hmmm... light?Just the normal: bread, honey, cheese, maybe salad and fruits.
It is kind of weird to have meat for dinner.
so tonight I had honey, cheese, bread, grapes and icecream.

I found a smokehouse marinated chicken breast package at WalMart and thought I'd try it out. They were pretty good. I made cheesy rice and salads with it.

I found a smokehouse marinated chicken breast package at WalMart and thought I'd try it out. They were pretty good. I made cheesy rice and salads with it.

That sounds lovely Jab :)

How do you make your cheesy rice?

Back
Top Bottom