Dinner Saturday 2nd February

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I threw some chunks o' pig in the CP along with some onion and Mexican fruit spice and chicken broth. We'll see if it gets done in time for dinner. Plan is pulled pork with Bone Sucking sauce. Will make some of Chef Maloney's World's Best salad dressing.

Yummo!

pig head.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

OMG!! :ROFLMAO:

Not that pork part! :ROFLMAO:

Well if you are going to leave your dinner up to interpretation... :rolleyes:
;)

Pretty amazing what you can Google though, isn't it? Pig's head in a crock pot... and wouldn't you know, there it was. Someone had made this and snapped a pic for us :LOL:

I have some bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts. I think I'll season them with rosemary, garlic, onion, paprika and a bit of soy sauce for the umami factor, and roast them, along with some mixed baby potatoes. Salad or sauteed green beans on the side.

Soy sauce adds a savory taste? I always thought soy sauce was kind of salty. Unless I don't understand umami right. And that's a strong possibility.

Baked potatoes and rib eye steaks.. maybe a salad or some kind of veggie..

Well if you are going to leave your dinner up to interpretation... :rolleyes:
;)

Pretty amazing what you can Google though, isn't it? Pig's head in a crock pot... and wouldn't you know, there it was. Someone had made this and snapped a pic for us :LOL:

Actually, it would be fine, just have to pick out the bones and nostrils. My great grandma made head cheese with a full pig's head all the time. Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw the severed head sitting on her table.

Ooops, hope we didn't ruin anyone's appetite...

Actually, it would be fine, just have to pick out the bones and nostrils. My great grandma made head cheese with a full pig's head all the time. Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw the severed head sitting on her table.

Ooops, hope we didn't ruin anyone's appetite...

I know I still have a game cook book somewhere that has a recipe for jellied Moose nose. And if I remember correctly the word muskrat is in there somewhere in the description of what it looks like cooking :ermm:

The chili is basically done, just cooling down. I'm sure I'll have a cup tonight. It tastes pretty hot/spicy from the sampling I was doing. No doubt from the hot venison sausage I used. The sausage on its own isn't bad at all, but simmering for a few hours apparently brought the red pepper out :shock:
I think I like the looks of the black beans.

Attachments

• Chili.jpg
    Chili.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 198
Dear heart! Dawg, I hope you threw in some other chunk o' pig in the CP. Like maybe a pork butt. LOL. No, it's not from the other end. Pork Butts are actually on the front end and named for how they were originally cut and packed and has nothing to do with anatomy. PS, Bone sucking sauce is my favorite bottled bbq sauce.

As for me, it's a wee bit o' leftovers, either made into burritos or quesadilla. I have 2 tortillas to work with and bits of this and that to stuff 'em. I don't really want to start anything new until all the leftovers are used up for once. I 've been tossing too many leftovers out lately.

ooh... two torts aren't a lot to work with Whiskas...
I'd have to stuff them as full as I could.

On the sausage, my buddy next door hooks me up every year. I've been meaning to start hunting again myself, but he keeps me in pretty good supply. He processes his own deer and makes his own sausage (rope too). And I let him borrow my tractor with a bucket on it and help him with other stuff. We have a good symbiotic relationship :LOL:

ooh... two torts aren't a lot to work with Whiskas...
I'd have to stuff them as full as I could.

On the sausage, my buddy next door hooks me up every year. I've been meaning to start hunting again myself, but he keeps me in pretty good supply. He processes his own deer and makes his own sausage (rope too). And I let him borrow my tractor with a bucket on it and help him with other stuff. We have a good symbiotic relationship :LOL:

--
Two torts is plenty unless I stack them and make only one quesadilla. . I forgot to add there's ice cream and an open package of Oreos. Those are leftovers too :LOL:

My neighbor shovels my part of the public sidewalk, snow blows the driveway and mows my front hillside ajoining theirs in summer !! I gave them a restaurant gift cert once. They seemed insulted. Now I just make a batch chocolate chip cookies once in awhile. Wish I could do more. It's nice to have nice neighbors. :)

--
Two torts is plenty unless I stack them and make only one quesadilla. . I forgot to add there's ice cream and an open package of Oreos. Those are leftovers too :LOL:

That's EXACTLY what I was thinking! One flat quesadilla just don't cut it.
Now If I had known you had cookies... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom