Dinner Saturday 2nd March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Soon we are going to be cooking a BBQ for dinner :chef:

We are making some hamburger patties and having pork sausages, lamb chops, sliced potatoes, fried onions and a garden salad :yum:

I'm roasting a turkey. Sides--broccoli, wild rice, a romaine lettuce salad. Dessert...not sure if I'm doing that, yet. It is so early--I've been waiting for Coronation Street to air so I can go to bed!

everyone's dinners sound so good today. i'd like a plate of each. :pig:

i'm supposed to go to a pot luck party at a friend's house this afternoon, but i'm not feeling great. also, that means that i need to stay up and cook something to bring to it. i promised to bring pulled pork because i figured that i could get it into the crock pot, go to sleep for as while today, then get up and take it out for pulling and saucing. i'm not sure if that's going to happen, though. i really need sleep.

:sleep:

I'm thinking leftovers or pizza..or maybe pizza topped with leftovers....

It's almost 10:00AM here and I've got a mad taste for fried chicken. I'll pick some up in a couple hours for lunch and tonight will probably be chimichitos if there is any leftover.

Popeyes? I wish we had that stuff up here...

We don't have a Popeye's franchise around me either... or any chicken outlet really. The town grocery store makes killer fried chicken though. An eight piece chicken is around 6 bucks I think. Not much more than if I bought the whole bird and cooked it myself. Dang, it's only 10:18... Now I really want some chicken!

We don't have a Popeye's franchise around me either... or any chicken outlet really. The town grocery store makes killer fried chicken though. An eight piece chicken is around 6 bucks I think. Not much more than if I bought the whole bird and cooked it myself. Dang, it's only 10:18... Now I really want some chicken!
It's 5 o'clock somewhere.

The yungun is going to a wedding this evening so it will be just the two of us. I'm thinking of making a big brunch with eggs, pancakes, English muffins, bacon and sausage then just doing leftover chili for supper.

Funny fried chicken story. Back in the 70's I worked for KFC during my high school days. One Saturday morning my boss discoverd that the place had been broken into during the night. Nothing was stolen but there was some old fried chicken eaten. (We used to have to keep every night's leftover chicken in a cardboard bucket so it could be counted up at the end of the week and placed in the books and accounted for as waste.) So, some of it was a few days old, left out on top of a commercial refrigerator. Later that evening the police phoned back and said they found the burglar. He was in the emergency at the hospital with bad salmonella poisoning. Once discovering he had salmonella , they asked him what he ate or where he could have gotten it. He was in so much pain and discomfort he divulged the whole story......

Scared the __it right out of him. :LOL:

Last edited:
I have no idea what the main will be tonight, but I have some asparagus to use up and some awesome hickory smoked bacon so they will combine for a yummy side.....I could make a meal out of just that! :LOL:

just grazing today..it looks like I will be in walking distance of the apartment today so will return to eat on salad fixins', the last portion of pasta and spaghetti sauce, some leftover restaurant quesadillas and fresh banana bread.

Maybe this should be in the weird meal thread?

Waiting for my grocery delivery. If everything goes according to plan, salmon & green & white asparagus packets w/ fresh lemon juice, sliced lemons, & fresh dill. Spinach & lemon couscous on the side. Chocolate tart (from the bakery), topped with fresh raspberries.

Maybe some bacon wrapped asparagus is in your future, LP? :yum:

Come to poppa!
fried chicken.jpg

I managed to save three pieces to use in my dinner tonight. I've got them shredded already and the skin properly disposed of... :angel:

everyone's dinners sound so good today. i'd like a plate of each. :pig:

i'm supposed to go to a pot luck party at a friend's house this afternoon, but i'm not feeling great. also, that means that i need to stay up and cook something to bring to it. i promised to bring pulled pork because i figured that i could get it into the crock pot, go to sleep for as while today, then get up and take it out for pulling and saucing. i'm not sure if that's going to happen, though. i really need sleep.

:sleep:
Come on up--I think there would be enough with a 12 lb turkey to feed a few extra mouths since it is only the two of us. If not, I made a bunch of homemade sausage today and english muffins. Those could probably be tucked in your pockets for the drive home.Any time.

Back
Top Bottom