Dinner Saturday 30th March 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds great! Did you eat all the almond cake already or are you using it as a base under the mousse (I almost typed moose...oops!).:LOL:
There's one piece of the almond cake left. Hmm, I will consider using some variation of that cake as a crust for a mousse.

Stirling will be making http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/mock-armadillo-danish-meatloaf-69011.html#post948216 and roasted potato wedges. I'll make a salad and we'll heat some rødkål. I'm also making lemon mousse for dessert.
Oh my, that was good. We both ate too much, so dessert has too wait.

I made blue cheese dressing, inspired by kadesma, to go with the salad. Unfortunately, while mashing garlic and anchovies, the pestle broke. :(

20130330_205053.jpg

20130330_205323.jpg

I made blue cheese dressing, inspired by kadesma, to go with the salad. Unfortunately, while mashing garlic and anchovies, the pestle broke. :(

Wow. Lovely, Taxy!

Went out with some friends to this new place called Firewurst, they specialize in gourmet hotdogs and sausages. It's a local place that is looking to launch a chain. The food was AWESOME! Buns baked fresh, slaws and sauces all made in house, fries cut in house. A bit pricey, but may have been the best hotdog that I've ever had, nicely fire roasted and crispy around the edges,

I thought that this was part of a much bigger chain since the place looked so put together and professional. But this is the first, started by a local family.

20130330_205053.jpg

20130330_205323.jpg

This looks great! No wonder you got full! :mrgreen:

We had quite a spread at the wedding we went to today. Good buffet style meal followed by a cupcake table with cupcakes and cake balls.

It all looks fabulous Taxy :yum:

This looks great! No wonder you got full! :mrgreen:
Thanks.

We always seem to stuff ourselves with that meal.

That was why, when I started getting the urge to make dessert, I made a light one. I make the lemon mousse with gelatin. You know what they say, "There's always room for Jello." :LOL:

20130330_205053.jpg

20130330_205323.jpg

wow, irresistible plate, taxy! i am ready to crawl to canada for this one.

oh, and with me around, you'll need to watch your silver, too....:)

wow, irresistible plate, taxy! i am ready to crawl to canada for this one.

oh, and with me around, you'll need to watch your silver, too....:)
:LOL:
Thanks, when are you coming? Please make it after 30 April, the end of tax season. I've got a spare bedroom.

Thanks Steve. Aren't you part Danish? :rolleyes:

Sure am. My maternal grandfather was Danish, but unfortunately we didn't get any culinary influences from that side of the family. Gramp's wife was German and she ruled the kitchen! I always look forward to hearing about your Scandinavian dishes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom