Dinner Saturday 30th March 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are making a braised steak and onion pie in puff pastry, homemade chips and all smothered in gravy...lovely meal for a cool Autumn night :yum:

I got up just now and having tea and toast. After 4or 5 it is raining here. Such a relief after so much heat.

I haven't decided what to prepare. My DH and daughter is still sleeping, I will ask him what he will like for lunch or if my daughter want we may go out for dinner.

i'm thinking turkey meatballs and spaghetti. maybe stuffed peppers. need a recipe for the latter.

that's if i yet up early enough to make them. baseball practice is at 4 and it's suposed to be a beautiful day.

Last edited:
We're heading to the Outer Banks of NC this afternoon for a short weekend trip. Will eat out somewhere down there!

The young'un is home from college this weekend and mentioned that she hadn't had meatloaf for ages. So meatloaf, it is, along with garlic mashed spuds, gravy, and green beans.

Good old fashioned American comfort food. :yum:

The young'un is home from college this weekend and mentioned that she hadn't had meatloaf for ages. So meatloaf, it is, along with garlic mashed spuds, gravy, and green beans.

Good old fashioned American comfort food. :yum:
Sounds great! I'm doing turkey and the fixings tomorrow, so decided I best eat light tonight!

Left over cauliflower cheese from yesterday, but also ribeye steaks and some broccoli. Not too hungry but its a special occasion so we will probably have a cocktail before and a digestif after.

Dinner tonight will be chicken soup with egg and lemon and lamejun. Not the ones in the picture. I just linked that in case there was a "What's that?" question.
1591-albums817-picture4208.jpg

We're having our easter dinner tonight. Prime rib roast, twice baked potato's and green beans. I'm going to try and make a saffron cake for dessert. It's a new recipe so finger crossing will be necessary. It's a swedish version, not the dried fruit and bread cornish version. My only concern is that the recipe doesn't call for cake flour, just "flour." Oh well, maybe it will be a saffron pancake for dessert instead. =0)

Nice meals, all!

Made a big pot of Rotel Mean Black Bean soup. I added cumin, diced ham, and a squeeze of lime to the original recipe.

image-4128433693.jpg

Looks like a hearty and kind to the stomach meal.

Thanks Bill! It's quick, easy, and pretty good! I drained and rinsed the beans and used a box of chicken stock. Nice garnished with some sour cream, shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips and a sprinkle of green onions.

Last edited:
Thanks Bill! It's quick, easy, and pretty good! I drained and rinsed the beans and used a box of chicken stock. Nice garnished with some sour cream, shredded cheese, crushed tortilla chips and a sprinkle of green onions.
That does sound and look good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom