Dinner Saturday, 4/3/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have some left over turkey breast from yesterday's dinner, so I thought I'd shred it up add some gravy and have that over egg noodles. Some sort of veg on the side.

I want to make something with chicken. I looked up chicken recipes on the Cooking Light webpage. I found a recipe for chicken cakes that sounded good.

Spicy Chicken Cakes with Aioli

I do not have any chives, so I am going to substitute finely chopped green onion. In the reviews of the recipe some said that it was not spicy enough and that more cajun spice needs to be added. With the chicken cakes I am going to serve grilled asparagus and either couscous or rice pilaf.

Don't have a clue. I've been working on tomorrow's dinner. Clearly it's going to be something quick and simple.

First my sister, one of my SIL's and her husband and my BIL and family are coming about 2:30 for appies and then my Dad is taking my sister, DH and I out for our Easter dinner - haven't a clue where we are going yet!

Don't have a clue. I've been working on tomorrow's dinner. Clearly it's going to be something quick and simple.

Same here!! I have already made Mac Salad, Deviled Eggs and Three Bean Salad. Now I need to get busy and make my Stuffed Ham, Onion Mustard Rolls and Coconut Cake. Phew, I am tired just thinking about all of that.

I haven't started baking yet, but there's a cheesecake and an apple pie on the list for later.

I think we're just going with either BBQ'd steaks or a beef stir fry. I have the meat marinating right now. I'll decide later.

... Now I need to get busy and make my Stuffed Ham...

Mmmmmmm stuffed ham!!!! Mmmmmmmm!!! My favorite!!! :pig:
Sounds like it is going to be a late night for you Patty

We are having burgers, hot dogs, and half-smokes on the grill, the requisite cole slaw, macaroni and potato salad, and me favorite summer side.. Grandma Brown's Baked Beans!

Dave, I want to come to your house for dinner. Have you ever shared your Grandma Brown's Baked Beans recipe? I love baked beans and have a few favorite recipes, but I would like to try yours.

I also forgot to mention that I am having strawberry short cake for dessert tonight.

Dave, I want to come to your house for dinner. Have you ever shared your Grandma Brown's Baked Beans recipe? I love baked beans and have a few favorite recipes, but I would like to try yours.

I also forgot to mention that I am having strawberry short cake for dessert tonight.

I'll take the recipe too please!

Well, we went to a local family restaurant we love called ABC. I had a portabello brie chicken burger with pesto mayo and wedge fries. It was very good though a little messy to eat. We came back and had dessert here - my experimental gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free trifle (so everyone could eat it). The was a tiny aftertaste in the custard but it was good. I will post details and pictures later.

Cook's Illustrated's pasta with garlic oil and toasted breadcrumbs (I used linguine), and a green salad.

were the crumbs in the pasta a topping? giada cooked a pasta using crumbs & a few other ingredients- seemed great!

were the crumbs in the pasta a topping? giada cooked a pasta using crumbs & a few other ingredients- seemed great!

Yes, they're a topping . First they're toasted in a little butter until dark brown, then added to a little chopped garlic and grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Very delicious.

thanks, i'll be making that soon, then! linguine, too, for the pasta- i love linguine.

I'll take the recipe too please!

Erm.. Grandma Brown's Baked Beans are a canned baked bean, that is their name. You put them in a baking dish and reheat in the oven. I do sprinkle brown sugar and pour maple syrup on top before I put them in the oven, but that is it. Sorry to disappoint.

GBBBs are only available in parts of NY, and some New England states. (They are made in Mexico, NY) My Mom brings me some cans when she comes to visit since I cannot get them here in Maryland.

Back
Top Bottom