Dinner Saturday 4th May 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay for leftovers! Himself is heating up some broasted chicken for himself and then he's popping in some of the mexican style chicken-rice bake for me. Spent more time in the garden today and wow, do I feel my age and then some.

Went to a graduation party in the 'hood, they had a potato bar, of all things. Brilliant! All sorts of toppings, and some wonderful local root beer.

I splurged at the grocery store yesterday, so dinner tonight was lobster tails in butter. Enough left for another fine meal - I'm thinkin' lobster cakes for breakfast.

I didn't feel like cooking and Stirling didn't feel like scrounging so we went to Bâton Rouge. It's overpriced and the menu is limited, but they make decent steaks, have a liquor license, and are walking distance.

We had ribeye steaks. I ordered rare and got medium rare. Stirling ordered well done and it was. He also ordered the free pepper sauce. It wasn't bad, but it would have been better if they hadn't started with gravy powder. The Gallo Cabernet Sauvignon was okay, but kinda bland.

We had tortellini and sausage baked in a vodka sauce. Sourdough toast and salad, there is strawberry cake for dessert (might be too full though). ;)

i had baseball kitchen duty, then had housework to do (at the point of a gun :ermm:), then baseball practice, so i had takeout from a local greek diner.

a salad with blue cheese dressing:

img_1264966_0_5a3952751e2528bb12358bfe601988ea.jpg

and lamb shanks over orzo:

img_1264966_1_ba77642d8cbcdcb8855f8711d7375ad6.jpg

a glutinous mess, but fantastically delicious.

Last edited:
I picked up some nice flounder from a local seafood store yesterday. I breaded it lightly with flour, panko, Chinese five-spice powder and S&P, then pan-fried it in olive oil. I also made asparagus with a sauce made with garlic, ginger and oyster sauce (also put some of the sauce on the fish), and fried rice with some leftover rice. Turned out very yummy.

Attachments

• 2002-12-08 12.00.00-1-2.jpg
    2002-12-08 12.00.00-1-2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 134
Back
Top Bottom