Dinner Saturday 5-23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope you aren't eating Buster. If you know that reference, you're old and probably remember Sister Mary-Elephant as well.:wacko:

It's late here, and so my weird side is more active than normal.:D

Oh, and it was beef-heat stew at my house, with onion, carrot, spuds, celery, and cubed beef-heart, now that's not Captain Beefheart. I'm not that strange.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
Maybe I'm too old to know those references. ;)

...have you ever bought the refrigerated canned crab from Costco? I bought it once but it got shoved to the back of the fridge and by the time I found it, it was out of date...
Kayelle, how out of date? I had a can I had picked up at Market Basket that was about six months past due. It tasted/smelled fine (after all, it had been sealed and in the fridge all along) and used it. No problem. As long as the lid hasn't popped, it should be safe even if the flavor is compromised.
Ended up bailing on the chicken soup again. Maybe tomorrow. After all, 3rd time's the charm. We ended up with take-out pizza.

I'm gonna use up earth's resources again, a $0.05 sheet of 24" x 12" aluminum foil for another late night oven baked bbq chicken parts. I plan on throwing away the used foil again, sorry mother earth, but that's the way it is.

The Mary Tyler Moore show from long ago. Newsman Ted Baxter sampled Mary's BBQ she brought to the newsroom.

Later on in that episode, fellow newswriter Murray has marital problems and stays over at Ted's house for the night. After nighttime calisthenics they're about to go to bed. Murray overhears Ted's nightly prayer. He prods Ted on what he was praying for, he heard Mary's name mentioned in Ted's prayers.

Ted comes forth and admits that he was praying for Mary to bring more of her bar-b-qued chicken to work. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I experimented with a turkey loaf. It came out okay but needs some tweaking. I used ground turkey, stovetop stuffing, onions and celery, chicken broth, poultry seasoning and 2 eggs. Next time I think I will add some BBQ sauce to the mix as well as topping the loaf and leave out the poultry seasoning. Mac and cheese and green beans rounded out the meal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom