Dinner Saturday 5th January

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leftover pizza (homemade) here. I was out most of the day and came home cold. Snuggled under a quilt to warm up and fell asleep! Everyone else ate other leftovers and there's plenty left yet for another meal.

I got a 1 rib prime rib roast the other day on special "after New Years". I seared it and roasted it until a perfect medium rare, sliced it in two (1/3 and 2/3's) for TB and I, paired it with a salad (me mostly) and brown rice (TB only). It was pure perfection!

:yum: if I may say so myself :angel:

Thanks so much :)

That looks crazy good!

1000953.JPG

Tonight is White Clam Chowder. One of my specialties!

I got a 1 rib prime rib roast the other day on special "after New Years". I seared it and roasted it until a perfect medium rare, sliced it in two (1/3 and 2/3's) for TB and I, paired it with a salad (me mostly) and brown rice (TB only). It was pure perfection!

:yum: if I may say so myself :angel:

mmmm, got any pictures of the bones? :LOL:

We had fusilli carbonara. It was really good. It always turns out good, but tonight it was especially good. I'll have to try Kylie's addition of sausage some time.

Fabulous, PPO!

Thank you. It looks really crazy but its not that big and not as high in calories as you would think. Small bun, small plate your brain thinks its really big. The Guacamole gives it the fat needed to satisfy.

Calories in this Guacamole Bacon Burger
8 oz, 93% Ground beef Calories: 340 (16g fat)
1/3 Avocado 80 Calories (7g fat)
Bun 130 Calories (1.5g fat)
2 slices Bacon 140 Calories (12g fat)
Total 690 Calories (36.5g fat)

Thank you. It looks really crazy but its not that big and not as high in calories as you would think. Small bun, small plate your brain thinks its really big. The Guacamole gives it the fat needed to satisfy.

Calories in this Guacamole Bacon Burger
8 oz, 93% Ground beef Calories: 340 (16g fat)
1/3 Avocado 80 Calories (7g fat)
Bun 130 Calories (1.5g fat)
2 slices Bacon 140 Calories (12g fat)
Total 690 Calories (36.5g fat)

It must be a very small bun. Otherwise, how would you get your mouth open enough to take a bite?:ohmy:

And from your recipe, if that's all on 1 burger, you're eating a half-pounder, stacked. But does it ever look yummy.

Kylie, for quite a while, you were simply commenting on other people's food and pictures. I was begining to think you were a food voyeur.:LOL: Your picture proves otherwise. It looks very good. Nice job. Share the recipe.

Tonight at my house, it was Potatoes Anna, with pan-seared pork loin medallions and buttered, steamed spinach. The potatoes were dressed with a little paprika, salt, and pepper. As Potatoes Anna, they were baked in butter of course. I made them in individual ramekins, and gently eased them out and onto the plates. It made a very pretty presentation beside the nicely browned pork, and spinach. Best of all, it tasted great.

The pork had just a hint of pink in the middle, and so was juicy and full flavored. At times, I have to say that well prepared pork is my favorite meat flavor, until I eat a great steak, or wonderful chicken, or perfectly prepared trout, or, or, or...:LOL:

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Jumping in the bandwagon.....superb looking dish Kylie, made we want to lick my iPhone and PPT that burger has me drooling! DH is cooking here tonight, it's 7:45 and still waiting......it's a pork chop/rice 1 pot dish. Its usually quite tasty.....

Green salad with a Dijon/shallot vinaigrette to start. Main course: Shell pasta with a sauce of sauteed garlic, black olives, herbs, canned Tuscan tomatoes, and white wine. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Jumping in the bandwagon.....superb looking dish Kylie, made we want to lick my iPhone and PPT that burger has me drooling! DH is cooking here tonight, it's 7:45 and still waiting......it's a pork chop/rice 1 pot dish. Its usually quite tasty.....

Thank you so much SB :)

Even I want to lick the screen :LOL: :LOL:

Green salad with a Dijon/shallot vinaigrette to start. Main course: Shell pasta with a sauce of sauteed garlic, black olives, herbs, canned Tuscan tomatoes, and white wine. Served with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Merstar, that sounds lovely, YUM!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom