Dinner Saturday, 6-9-2018 ~ Sittin' by the (had)dock...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Small haddock fillets were on special, so I'll be baking them with Ritz crumbs seasoned with Spice House Lake Shore Drive seasoning. Sides will be something starch (rice? potato? noodle? warmed French bread?) with something veggie (corn? asparagus? escarole?), and probably a salad. Final results later...

What's docking at your dinner table tonight?

A friend gave me 3 pounds of halibut from his fishing trip to Alaska. We are having some of it tonight. First marinated in chimichurrii sauce and oven roasted. Roasted potatoes as a side.

I’m defrosting a bag of marinated mystery meat kebabs from last summer. It’s either pork or beef. I’ll grill whatever it is and we’ll have pasta and tossed salads along side.

Mahi mahi on the grill, served with pineapple salsa. I found some really thick asparagus spears at the supermarket, so those went on the grill (tossed with EVOO and garlic). Corn on the cob rounded things out.

Small haddock fillets were on special, so I'll be baking them with Ritz crumbs seasoned with Spice House Lake Shore Drive seasoning. Sides will be something starch (rice? potato? noodle? warmed French bread?) with something veggie (corn? asparagus? escarole?), and probably a salad. Final results later...

What's docking at your dinner table tonight?

CG, you hit me in a soft spot. Otis. Love that song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTVjnBo96Ug

CD

Oh, I'm grilling some lamb chops I got cheap today in the Kroger Manager's Special section. 12-bucks reduced to just under 8-bucks. Lamb chops are finger food to me. Sides are TBD.

CD

Went to Mom's class reunion with her. They had a buffet style meal. Wonderful cheese board, olives and crudites. Peeled shrimp with cocktail sauce. Then salad, green beans with pancetta, loaded mashed potatoes, fried chicken (icky breading) and roast beef. Beautiful dessert spread with brownies, peanut butter M&M cookies, fruit and custard tarts and spice cake with cream cheese icing.

I'm stuffed and ready for a nap. Met and re-met a lot of folks.

I grilled a few chicken thighs this afternoon and had one for dinner with a green salad. Watermelon on the side. Leftover chicken for tomorrow.

Princess, sounds like a fun reunion get-together with your mom and acquaintances, and the buffet sounds lovely. :)

So, the bargain lamb chops were excellent. I seasoned them with k-salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and herbes de Provence. I cooked them hot an fast on the Webber Genesis to a nice medium rare. Wow, so simple, and so good. I never got around to cooking any sides. I ate them caveman style, with my fingers. I am very happy right now.

CD

Attachments

• Chops001.jpg
    Chops001.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 138
We had friends over and everyone has things we can and can not eat so it was a little bit of everything:
- paella rice with scampi (Ms. M's recipe for the Instant Pot - love it!)
- Greek flavoured spatchcock chicken on the grill
- grilled steak
- bacon wrapped asparagus on grill
- salad

Dessert was pastry creme filled pate a choux with ganache and strawberries.

So, the bargain lamb chops were excellent. I seasoned them with k-salt, black pepper, granulated garlic and herbes de Provence. I cooked them hot an fast on the Webber Genesis to a nice medium rare. Wow, so simple, and so good. I never got around to cooking any sides. I ate them caveman style, with my fingers. I am very happy right now.

CD

Casey, that's the exact combo of seasonings I use for our luscious lamb chops. Perfect isn't it? We like them with Colman's Mint Sauce from the UK..nothing else will do.

Glad you enjoyed them! :yum::yum:

Casey, that's the exact combo of seasonings I use for our luscious lamb chops. Perfect isn't it? We like them with Colman's Mint Sauce from the UK..nothing else will do.

Glad you enjoyed them! :yum::yum:

I was shooting from the hip tonight. Those were the herbs and seasonings that felt right to me. They actually were pretty much perfect. From now on, I will do them the same way. Like they say, it's better to be lucky than good. :LOL:

CD

We had rib eye steaks on the grill yesterday with baked potato & salad. Probably the same for today seeing as we have another package in the fridge.

WP_20180609_17_39_36_Pro (2).jpg

Spanish Pork. Served with a sort of Spanish Rice.

From the Tower Slo Cook Book, but I did it in my Instant Pot.

Lean pork.
Seasoned Flour.
Butter.
Onion.
Green Peppers.
Tinned Tomatoes.
Chili Sauce.
Sugar.
Seasoning.

About 9g of fat.

Latest posts

Back