Dinner Saturday 6th of Aug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For us it was sub sandwiches toasted under the broiler with canned ham and bacon soup. I figure it's another two weeks before we are moved enough for me to be able to do any real cooking.

Keep us posted as to how you are keeping fed. I'm sure it will be useful for those having to make do.

I hope you are enjoying the whole moving process. It's so exciting finding out where stuff goes. I envy you.

joesfolk said:
For us it was sub sandwiches toasted under the broiler with canned ham and bacon soup. I figure it's another two weeks before we are moved enough for me to be able to do any real cooking.

How's the eye and your stitches and other injuries?

I am draining yogurt for tzatziki, maybe smoking something.

My stitches have been removed and the scab fell off so I'm going to have a scar on my nose. I'm still covered in deep bruises and my leg will take months to heal though it's not broken(Thank God). My left eye still looks like something from the Exorcist but the eye doctor says at the rate it's healing my double vision should be gone after the weekend. He got a real belly laugh when he found out that I was painting with double vision. Today we got the carpets cleaned and as expected the stains are never going to come out but they look much better and definately smell better. It will be quite a while before we can afford to replace the carpet. Thankfully the livingroom carpet is not bad at all. Dh and his 'boys" moved the shed today. That was quite a marvel to me. And it saved us a ton of money. Now though we still have a couple of bathrooms to finish painting I am fully ready to kick the moving into high gear. We have asked for help for next weekend to move all of the heavy stuff and I expect that Saturday will be our first night in the new place. I wish I could tell you guys how happy I am about this move. Dh would never move out of his easy chair if he had his choice. I would move every year if I had mine. It's going to be so good to be in a real home again instead of in this crudy, nasty old "mobile home". I can't wait for my first chance to cook in my new kitchen. I haven't planned the meal yet but I want to make it special. Of course Dh would love to have something like fried chicken and mashed potatoes with canned corn but I'm sure I won't be able to leave it at that. Well, maybe I will just to thank him for finally consenting to buying a house!

Hope you get the home of your dreams, Joesfolk! Glad you're healing!

B/S chicken breast dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter and EVOO, lemon pan gravy, frozen spinach and saffron mushroom risotto.

img_1034165_0_a6c0bb069e47dcb93d5be277ff252551.jpg

This was our dinner. Spagetti sauce w/ meatballs over egg noodles for mark. The same sauce/meatballs over a Portabells mushroom for me.

img_1034217_0_5b5238cde12a9f3049d2cc7ff055bc4d.jpg

img_1034217_1_6417744436dc1b9f266b7f12111f9738.jpg

Takeout pizza! Well done, extra thin, crispy crust. They did it right!

Perfectly grilled steak, potatoes (grilled in foil packet) steamed peas and carrots and steamed beets. All the veggies were from the garden. Yum!

image-3172365822.jpg

image-2204869835.jpg

made the Labskaus - it was okay, but not that good as I rememberd :)

question is, was my recipe not correct or did the many years brighten the memory? :D
Cara Lobscouse is the classic Liverpudlians dish hence we are called scousers, that must be rich mans scouse (the egg) blind scouse has no meat in it.:)

Back
Top Bottom