Dinner Saturday 6th of Aug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm thinking pork and mixed vegetables in brown gravy, using some of the broth/stock I made yesterday, and some buttered egg noodles.

thought about making labskaus, but now my Mom gave me tons of Zucchini... well, I'll see what to do..

Was going to make fish since I didn't take meat out this morning but since hubby doesn't like fish much we're getting pizza take out! Yippeee! I don't have to cook tonight, think I might just pretend to be making fish more often lol!

My Hubby just said he wants ribs. I have done them on my gas grill, but may go get a charcoal grill and try smoking some on that. I watched a great video on this forum on how to do just that, and cant wait to get started.

Going to a cookout at our daughter's home. Likely burgers, hot dogs, and other cookout foods will be on the menu.

My Hubby just said he wants ribs. I have done them on my gas grill, but may go get a charcoal grill and try smoking some on that. I watched a great video on this forum on how to do just that, and cant wait to get started.
Can you post a link to that rib smoking video please. Thank you.

I think I will be making b/s chicken breast (not sure how yet), saffron mushroom risotto (I am going to try making it in the pressure cooker) and frozen spinach. BUT plans can change.

Pizza place's delivery guy went MIA, had to order burgers :( I don't really like burgers but anyway it's food! So hungry right now I'll eat a horse anyway lol!

Can you post a link to that rib smoking video please. Thank you.

I think I will be making b/s chicken breast (not sure how yet), saffron mushroom risotto (I am going to try making it in the pressure cooker) and frozen spinach. BUT plans can change.
I have to figure out where I found it. Someone (one of the BBQ guys) posted it on another thread a month or so ago. I will let you know if I can locate it, or maybe whoever posted it will see this and speak up.

I have to figure out where I found it. Someone (one of the BBQ guys) posted it on another thread a month or so ago. I will let you know if I can locate it, or maybe whoever posted it will see this and speak up.
Thank you chopper

We're hosting a small party tonight.
Outdoor cooking for the all the main grub. Carne asada (skirt steak), grilled orange marmalade sriracha chicken wings, and 2 racks of St Louis spares.

thought about making labskaus, but now my Mom gave me tons of Zucchini... well, I'll see what to do..

made the Labskaus - it was okay, but not that good as I rememberd :)

question is, was my recipe not correct or did the many years brighten the memory? :D

Attachments

• Labskaus01_750.JPG
    Labskaus01_750.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 178
New York strip, medium rare, with sides of steamed mixed vegetables, pasta Alfredo, and a salad dressed with Spicy French Dressing.

For us it was sub sandwiches toasted under the broiler with canned ham and bacon soup. I figure it's another two weeks before we are moved enough for me to be able to do any real cooking.

Back
Top Bottom