Dinner Saturday, 8-18-2018 ~ On this day in history...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
...French Astronomer Pierre Janssen discovers helium in solar spectrum during eclipse. And silly party guests have been talking in squeaky voices ever since. :LOL:

Himself studied astronomy at THE Ohio State University. There was a little, family owned pizza and sub shop right by campus known as "Quisno's Pizza and Subs" that made the best subs ever. A former employee at that one shop ended up starting a chain of semi-decent subs. Meh on Quizno's. In honor of Janssen, we'll be having Quisno's style subs, and wash them down by sharing a bottle of ale made by an abbey of Trappist monks in a town nearby. The second half of the peach pie for dessert...much later.

What's on your plate tonight?

Andouille gnocchi with spicy tomato sauce and collard greens.

Attachments

• 2018-08-18 17.40.25.jpg
    2018-08-18 17.40.25.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 141
Dinner was chicken cutlets (dredged in highly seasoned flour) pan fried in butter and olive oil, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and lemon pan gravy.

chicken_081818_IMG_4739.jpg

"On this day in history1965", I was called Mommy for the very first time. It changed my life forever.:wub::heart:
He's having a ball in a limo with friends wine tasting up north today.:D

For dinner, I'm grilling some pork tenderloin skewers, marinated in an Asian Chef John mix. I've used it many times and it's excellent..
rice wine vinegar/grated garlic/fish sauce/soy sauce/Sriracha/Chinese 5 spice powder.
I'll serve it with grilled veggies and fried rice.

Last edited:
...French Astronomer Pierre Janssen discovers helium in solar spectrum during eclipse. And silly party guests have been talking in squeaky voices ever since. :LOL:

Himself studied astronomy at THE Ohio State University. There was a little, family owned pizza and sub shop right by campus known as "Quisno's Pizza and Subs" that made the best subs ever. A former employee at that one shop ended up starting a chain of semi-decent subs. Meh on Quizno's. In honor of Janssen, we'll be having Quisno's style subs, and wash them down by sharing a bottle of ale made by an abbey of Trappist monks in a town nearby. The second half of the peach pie for dessert...much later.

What's on your plate tonight?

If it cools off enough, I'll grill, if not, I'm probably going to do a simple pasta dish. I'm craving pasta, this week.

CD

BTW, a billboard near the ohio state university campus after their president said 12-0 TCU didn't belong in a BCS bowl game... :mrgreen:

CD

Attachments

• OSUdiss.jpg
    OSUdiss.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 107
Happy birthday to your firstborn, Kay! :flowers: Yep, that is a life changing moment, for sure.

I had an afternoon nap again, and fixin' to look through the fridge and see what I can come up with. Not sure yet, but I know it won't involve any cooking - most likely a cold platter of deviled eggs, cheeses and crackers, and whatever fruits and veggies need used up.

"On this day in history1965", I was called Mommy for the very first time. It changed my life forever.:wub::heart:

For dinner, I'm grilling some pork tenderloin skewers, marinated in an Asian Chef John mix. I've used it many times and it's excellent... rice wine vinegar/grated garlic/fish sauce/soy sauce/Sriracha/Chinese 5 spice powder.

No cayenne? :huh: :LOL:

CD

Last edited:
Mushroom Stuffed Pork Chops with a Vermouth Pan Sauce. Roasted Brussels. 2nd plate will be brunch tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20180818_183356.jpg
    20180818_183356.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 20180818_183658.jpg
    20180818_183658.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 115
I've lost most of my German... but I'm sure it was/is amusing (?)

does long fellow want them back?
probably not...
he would just throw them in a sack.

Tonight's dinner was TJ's orange chicken enhanced with scallions, red bell pepper, sugar snap peas and mushrooms, all over white rice.

I just beat the rain, and it came down in buckets!
I grilled two Cod fillets for Fish Tacos
008.jpg
I seasoned the fish with my favorite spicy spice mix
001.jpg
[file photo, becuase we started eating before I could get a shot :LOL:]
this time instead of homemade Pico de Gallo,
I used this Salsa from Trader Joe's
009.jpg
MEH
it was just okay
I won't bother to buy it again

Yesterday it was hamburger tophats and veggie tophats, to day some sloppy joes and lots of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers around.

For dinner, I'm grilling some pork tenderloin skewers, marinated in an Asian Chef John mix. I've used it many times and it's excellent..
rice wine vinegar/grated garlic/fish sauce/soy sauce/Sriracha/Chinese 5 spice powder.

No cayenne Casey, but I did sprinkle mine with this..

Attachments

• P8180079[1].jpg
    P8180079[1].jpg
    34 KB · Views: 92
  • P8180078[1].jpg
    P8180078[1].jpg
    66 KB · Views: 108
Happy birthday to your first born, Kayelle. You were, what, ten when you had him? [emoji6] OK, maybe even 15...

Casey, was that president Gordon Gee? He was a dumbass. And this time it's not "all about that bass, ' bout that bass..." ?

Good looking dinners all around. Here's what our plates looked like:
IMG_20180818_205237460.jpg

We had cold plates last night. Was going to start my meat sauce for spaghetti last night also, but the sky started grumbling and flashing so will work on it after breakfast this AM.

Casey, was that president Gordon Gee? He was a dumbass. And this time it's not "all about that bass, ' bout that bass..."

Yup. He really smacked a hornet's nest. People in North Texas were livid.

BTW, the MVP of that TCU Rose Bowl win was Andy Dalton, starting QB of the Cincinnati Bengals.

CD

Back
Top Bottom