Dinner....Saturday, 8-22-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whiskadoodle

Executive Chef
Saturday Suppers Aug 22,2015

I made a cream cheese spread on a flour tortilla roll-up topped with smoked salmon, cucumber, slice tomato, smattering of onion and lettuce. I couldn't quite see adding avocado, but I have one that needs using so I made guacamole with chips on the side.

So what was (or is) on everyone's plate this evening? :chef:

We went down to the city for a Costco and Trader Joe's run and stopped to eat at one of our faves, BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse.

With the Costco samples, I wasn't all that hungry so I ate light. Arugula, spring greens and watermelon salad, with pickled red onions and feta, dressed with honey vinaigrette. I also had a side of batter fried artichoke hearts with lemon garlic aioli. :yum: It was delish.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 213
Oops, looks like Whisk beat me to it. :LOL: Maybe a mod will come along and delete this one for me and move my post to the more recent one...? Thankie! :)

That's cool. You are hawking Dinner and I am schlepping Supper. Maybe we can have one of each. More treats for everyone ;)

Using a recipe I got from an old Greek lady, I made a spanakopita with SO's help (she has the patience and the touch to handle the filo dough). That and a salad was what we had for dinner.

This one was at the top of the list when I signed in, so I'm here.

We had must-goes. Himself didn't finish his brinner last night, so he finished off his omelet and bacon with a couple slices of toast. I used up the last of the grilled chicken breast and turned it into a sandwich: bacon, chicken, avocado, tomato and lettuce on a mayo-schmeared brioche roll. Also finished the last half-pickle from Batch 2. By the time we are done with Batch 3 I'll have my fill of pickles for a while.

Was my closest friend's 77th birthday. I took her shopping and then we picked up Stirling and went out for supper to Baton Rouge (resto). We all had steaks, different kinds. It was good. So were the loaded baked potatoes. I have half of my rib steak in the fridge. It was a good meal and a great day.

I made chicken livers paprikash. It was pretty darn good, but I'll need to double the sauce for the leftovers. I realized it called for 4 oz of chicken livers, but I used 8 oz.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom