Dinner Saturday 8-24-2013 ~ Got Good Eats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
Either there is no thread up yet, or I'm blind or stupid (hey! no commenting there!).

While trying to decide between many options in my fridge my neighbor had the foresight to make my decision. Invite us over? Heck no, this is the one neighbor on the street almost no one gets along with. However, he is grilling some yummy burgers, so: burgers on the grill, potato wedges in the toaster oven, and a big tossed salad out of lots of different goodies, including 4 kinds of greens. There's watermelon for dessert unless I actually bake something. Not likely. :LOL:

I'm thinking turkey noodle casserole. When I get back from Costco, unless I find something interesting at Costco...

Something with chicken. That turkey casserole sounds nice. What is the recipe you use, Fi?

Something with chicken. That turkey casserole sounds nice. What is the recipe you use, Fi?

It's one of those no recipe, recipes. I sauteed the veg and turkey pieces in butter, added flour and poured in the stock I made from turkey wings. Had more stock that I cooked the noodles in until done, drained (reserving liquid) and added to the gravy. The reserved stock I used to loosen it the next day when the noodles had soaked up the gravy. Comfort food. Veg were carrots, celery and onion.

It's one of those no recipe, recipes. I sauteed the veg and turkey pieces in butter, added flour and poured in the stock I made from turkey wings. Had more stock that I cooked the noodles in until done, drained (reserving liquid) and added to the gravy. The reserved stock I used to loosen it the next day when the noodles had soaked up the gravy. Comfort food. Veg were carrots, celery and onion.

OK, so it's basically like chicken 'N biscuits.
Then what do you do, put it all in a casserole dish and bake for how long? Since everything is already cooked I'm unsure.

I roasted a bunch of home grown cherry tomatoes, along with some rather taste-free toms gleaned from the teacher's lounge, so am thinking angel hair pasta with basil and roasted tomatoes.

Tuna pasta salad ( little sea shells), peas ( bonus points when some fall in the shell cups), green onions ( just the tops), some herbed lemon mayo( tarragon, dill and parsley). I feel like today is a tangent of reality, an aside, a whisper. I also just woke up from a nap. so maybe I'm not here yet. Luckily I made this earlier to chill.

Last edited:
Some friends invited us out on a dinner cruise :) We're going to meet at their boat in about an hour, have appies on the boat, cruise around for a bit, then stop for dinner somewhere. There is at least one restaurant that will serve boats right at the dock, or we might tie up somewhere and walk a bit. I'm bringing bruschetta with just-made pesto from homegrown basil, parsley and garlic, farmer's market diced tomatoes, and topped with grated Parmesan cheese.

We had a really late lunch (2:00pm) and no one is really hungry. I've got some nacho cheese dip so maybe just do up some chips and cheese dip.

OK, so it's basically like chicken 'N biscuits.
Then what do you do, put it all in a casserole dish and bake for how long? Since everything is already cooked I'm unsure.

I mix it up on top of the stove and then put in individual pans if we want to melt cheese on top and bake it, most likely I just heat and eat it. I keep it in a large container in the fridge and spoon out what we want for a meal. It's closer to a turkey noodle stew than a casserole until I decide to bake some.

Change of menu (no surprise around here...) since there were so many leftovers in the way of the ground beef. By the time I got to the burger meat I had a counter full of options. At least the salad was fresh made! :LOL:

Our buffet: A hot dog, spaghetti with my homemade meat sauce, leftover bay scallop pasta, a patty melt. By the time we're all done grazing this evening we'll probably still have leftovers. :wacko:

Went to a car club picnic/BBQ . We had grilled chicken thighs, deli potato salad, macaroni salad and coleslaw.
Veggies and dip, cheese and crackers and shrimp for appetizers. White wine for me , beer fir DH.

Either there is no thread up yet, or I'm blind or stupid (hey! no commenting there!).

While trying to decide between many options in my fridge my neighbor had the foresight to make my decision. Invite us over? Heck no, this is the one neighbor on the street almost no one gets along with. However, he is grilling some yummy burgers, so: burgers on the grill, potato wedges in the toaster oven, and a big tossed salad out of lots of different goodies, including 4 kinds of greens. There's watermelon for dessert unless I actually bake something. Not likely. :LOL:

hey, i know, right? where's kylie? dinner threads were never late when she was starting them....:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom