Dinner, Saturday 8/29/15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Well, we have been taking private ballroom dance lessons from a professional dancer who is new to town. He is also an artist and has an opening today. To get some more exercise!, we plan to walk to the art gallery and then walk to a restaurant to get some education. Since this is fresh chile season here, DH's first request was chicken enchiladas. Now, being an Anglo from Ohio, I do not associate chiles with chicken enchiladas. So we are going to a restaurant who does a good job of the dish. One of us will have chicken enchiladas.

What are you planning?

Thanks for the menu link, Andy, I love reading menus. Happy birthday to your sister!

I plan on pan searing a nice ribeye, we'll split it. Will probably have sliced tomato and cucumbers with it.

Last edited:
Leftovers, so dinner's already done. ;) Himself is traipsing off to do his Astronomy thing again tonight (so glad he's back to doing that - he loves it!) so we'll self-feed on hot dogs, potato salad, and coleslaw. I might bake something while he's gone tonight as a means of avoiding real work. :LOL:

Leftovers!

Ham, kielbasa, assorted vegetables from this weeks boiled dinner and the last scoop of cabbage salad.

After dinner I will wipe out the refrigerator and get ready for a grocery run tomorrow.

We are having beef sliders. It has been a busy "cook ahead" day!:ohmy: I started out setting up the rotisserie to do a couple whole chickens on the Weber 22.5. They are done and cooling off, ready to be picked for later use. Karen prepped a pork belly for pork buns last night. It is in the oven cooking right now. She is also making a soup from a Norman Van Aken cookbook. Its going in the pressure cooker now. The soup has cannellini beans, chorizo (subbed andouille), ham hock, skirt steak, turnip, collards and more.:yum: Next week will be easy, fast dinners.;)

We'll be watching pre-season football on the tv tonight. On my way over to Dx's, I will stop for Vietnamese eggrolls and a take and bake pizza. We've never had pizza from them before. I hope it's good.

I made an Asian style soup with Japanese Udon noodles, yellow fin tuna,mushrooms in a fish stock.

img_1434210_0_5629315f6b7aa99040aae96129b4236e.jpg

Happy birthday to your sister, Andy. Sounds like a really nice restaurant, a good family gathering, and I enjoyed looking at the menu. :)

Joey, that soup looks AMAZING. I'd love a bowl of that. :yum:

Nothing exciting here for dinner. I'm putting together another plate of finger food - hummus and pita, fruit, cheese, pickles and olives, etc. Sure am getting a hankerin' for grilling some meat - that will be happening this week. :yum:

Train Dinner

Kayelle and I have a deal-when I work on the train, I get to pick up dinner at Yanni's Greek Restaurant. She is having a chicken souvlaki gyro, and I am having a regular gyro. For dessert, baklava.

Mmmm, baklava. Yum, Souschef!

Andy, I hope your sister had a wonderful birthday celebration.

Just stopped by to mention how much mileage you can get out of a small (608 oz) glass of 9.5 ABV beer...on an empty stomach. :wacko: Ish goooooood. :yum:

Beef roulades with bread dressing filling, rice with a hint of 5-spice powder and garlic, beef gravy, made with browned roux and beef soup base (Better that Boullioun brand), and Asian veggies from a frozen pack in the hosts freezer. I provided the rest of the ingredients and cooked everything. Came out pretty good. Only had Wal Mart thin-sliced round steak for the beef. The roulades came out good, but not great. Wish I had access to some good meat here in Petoskey.

Seeeeeeya' Chief Longwind of the North

Beef roulades. Mmm, haven't made those for ages. Was this Dinner for One, Chief? Or has your sweet bride come home?

Hope she's doing well, no matter where she is right now. You guys are in my thoughts; wishing her a full recovery.

Back
Top Bottom