"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 08-29-2015, 01:49 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Dinner, Saturday 8/29/15

Well, we have been taking private ballroom dance lessons from a professional dancer who is new to town. He is also an artist and has an opening today. To get some more exercise!, we plan to walk to the art gallery and then walk to a restaurant to get some education. Since this is fresh chile season here, DH's first request was chicken enchiladas. Now, being an Anglo from Ohio, I do not associate chiles with chicken enchiladas. So we are going to a restaurant who does a good job of the dish. One of us will have chicken enchiladas.

What are you planning?

Old 08-29-2015, 02:05 PM   #2
Certified Pretend Chef

We're helping my older sister celebrate her 80th birthday. Her kids are having party at a Lebanese restaurant. Not sure what I'll be having. Check it out. Byblos Restaurant - Fine Middle Eastern Cuisine - Norwood, MA

Old 08-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Dinner, Saturday 8/29/15

Thanks for the menu link, Andy, I love reading menus. Happy birthday to your sister!

I plan on pan searing a nice ribeye, we'll split it. Will probably have sliced tomato and cucumbers with it.
Old 08-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #4
Master Chef

Leftovers, so dinner's already done. Himself is traipsing off to do his Astronomy thing again tonight (so glad he's back to doing that - he loves it!) so we'll self-feed on hot dogs, potato salad, and coleslaw. I might bake something while he's gone tonight as a means of avoiding real work.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Grilled steak tips, fresh garlic and parsley pasta to be tossed with a little pesto, and grilled brussel sprouts.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:14 PM   #6
Master Chef

Leftovers!

Ham, kielbasa, assorted vegetables from this weeks boiled dinner and the last scoop of cabbage salad.

After dinner I will wipe out the refrigerator and get ready for a grocery run tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:45 PM   #7
Executive Chef

We are having beef sliders. It has been a busy "cook ahead" day! I started out setting up the rotisserie to do a couple whole chickens on the Weber 22.5. They are done and cooling off, ready to be picked for later use. Karen prepped a pork belly for pork buns last night. It is in the oven cooking right now. She is also making a soup from a Norman Van Aken cookbook. Its going in the pressure cooker now. The soup has cannellini beans, chorizo (subbed andouille), ham hock, skirt steak, turnip, collards and more. Next week will be easy, fast dinners.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:02 PM   #8
Executive Chef

We'll be watching pre-season football on the tv tonight. On my way over to Dx's, I will stop for Vietnamese eggrolls and a take and bake pizza. We've never had pizza from them before. I hope it's good.
Old 08-29-2015, 05:10 PM   #9
Head Chef

Location: The Gateway to the Grand Canyon, wishing I was back home in Hawaii
I PLAN on grilling Bacon Cheese Burgers with all the fixin's, French Fries, Iced Tea and a couple of longnecks for me.
I say plan, `cuz I'm waiting for this monsoon storm to bust loose and pass us by before supper time rolls around.
For dessert, I found something new at the local grocery store...
Funwich Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bar
Old 08-29-2015, 06:20 PM   #10
Head Chef

I made an Asian style soup with Japanese Udon noodles, yellow fin tuna,mushrooms in a fish stock.

Tags
dinner