Dinner, Saturday 9th Feb 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
made some collards with boar bacon and onions last night, but theres lots left so we'll have them with some cornmeal crusted brook trout and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from just below Sancerre in the Loire.... :)

and some homemade Oatmeal bread and butter.

For dessert, some blue cheese and pears.

That sounds wonderful!

I'm making a tomato cream sauce with spicy sausage, mushrooms, roasted red pepper. I'll serve it over penne. Its always a hit. All my boys are sick. Dh doesnt like to eat when he's sick but I think this will hit the spot even so.
Dessert will be hershey's kisses and tea.

james_t that sounds simple, yet delicious - I'm gonna do that soon!

Had rump steak, roast pots and roast veg tonight.

Pud was bread & butter pudding with custard and a desert wine!

We had homemade cavatelli with sauce and meatballs, NYT bread, salad and spumoni for desert.

Gee, that sounds good, Essie. I love Italian food.

I'm having a cold roast beef sandwich, a glass of skim milk and a banana...
After I'm done drinking beer, that is.

Constance,
Italian is my favorite. I will eat just about any kind of pasta dish. Tomorrow, I'm making cheese ravioli.

My husband went fishing today so we had fresh yellow eye snapper. Baked it with onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime, butter, s&p topped with manchego cheese, sides...rice, corn & spinach with artichoke hearts, garlic & orange peppers. Dessert was banana bread with chocolate chips & cookies.

A little hodge podge around here last night trying to rearrange the fridge :LOL:

Yellow Tail Snapper fillets/fingers/chunks dipped in an egg wash and then into a mix of flour, grits (didn't have any corn meal!!), SnP and then fried in Smart Balance Omega-3© oil. Some left over pork w/snow peas, peas & shrooms from Friday nites IC3 and a dibby dab of Captn Rums tartar sauce ;)

img_547331_0_3a45db7244068728ed738a0452aa82b9.jpg

Dinner tonight is sausage and beans...........although not just any sausage and beans, it's a chorizo, cannellini and haricot bean stew.

Made by frying the coin sized slices of chorizo in olive oil so the flavours from the sausage get's into the oil, then onions, celery, red peppers, chilli, garlic, parsely stalks are added and sweated with 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika. I added about teaspoon of dried chilli flakes in addition to the deseeded fresh chillo. When the veg is software add tomato puree and then a jar of passata. Season. Let it simmer a while before adding a tin of cannellini beans and a tin of haricot beans. Let these work there way into the stew, before adding loads of chopped parsley. Oh and about a glass of white wine went in before adding the tomatoes too!

Oh, James, this sounds amazing! I love anything with beans or chorizo! We had leftover chili, but I will definitely try this in the future!

Back
Top Bottom