Dinner, Saturday 9th Feb 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James_T

Cook
Dinner tonight is sausage and beans...........although not just any sausage and beans, it's a chorizo, cannellini and haricot bean stew.

Made by frying the coin sized slices of chorizo in olive oil so the flavours from the sausage get's into the oil, then onions, celery, red peppers, chilli, garlic, parsely stalks are added and sweated with 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika. I added about teaspoon of dried chilli flakes in addition to the deseeded fresh chillo. When the veg is software add tomato puree and then a jar of passata. Season. Let it simmer a while before adding a tin of cannellini beans and a tin of haricot beans. Let these work there way into the stew, before adding loads of chopped parsley. Oh and about a glass of white wine went in before adding the tomatoes too!

Tacos!
If I don't make hamburgers before then. I keep looking at that thawed hamburger..... just sitting there... everytime I open the fridge.

james t., that sounds great!!!! you should post a (guesstimated or better) recipe.

tonight is another double, another diner dinner. *sigh*

I got some nice fresh Yellow Tail Snapper this morning. Going to cook them whole or fillet them, not sure which yet. Pan fried sure sounds good, though :-p

Spaghetti with chopped chicken meatballs and a red onion, tomato and carrot sauce

Either trifle or mint chocolate mousse for dessert!

We are going to make the sushi that we were going to make last night. Paul had to work late so we didn't have the time.

DD gave me two suggestions for dinner tonight.
I think I may have to take her up on her suggestions.
Houstons in downtown LA or CO Trattoria Venice.
Both sound good and fun.

I picked up some golden beets and candystripe beets the other day. I'm roasting them now to serve with goat cheese rilettes on a bed of boston lettuce.

I'm following that with a beef shank ragu over home made mafalda pasta.

We have zeppoles (one with cheese and one with creme) for dessert.

Bourbon for cocktail hour and the wine has yet to be determined.

It feels like snow..............:heart:

It's Fried Food Night...

Bourbon....;)
Fried Ersters:-p
Fried Catfish....:pig:
Fried sweet Potatoes:ohmy:
Uncle Bob's World famous Hushpuppies!!:clap:
Slaw...;)

Chocolate Ice Cream!!:wub:

Rib eye steaks for us tonight, sauteed mushrooms and red onions, and probably wild rice and some other veggie along with that. Everyone's dinners sounds delicious!

made some collards with boar bacon and onions last night, but theres lots left so we'll have them with some cornmeal crusted brook trout and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc from just below Sancerre in the Loire.... :)

and some homemade Oatmeal bread and butter.

For dessert, some blue cheese and pears.

I'm making Breezy's baked chicken cacciatore with a side of spaghetti, a romaine salad and garlic bread ... I swear I'm not copying you, Katie! :-p We have chocolate chip cookies for dessert. :cool:

bday dinner

my son and his wife are coming for dinner. i have each member of my family over for a special dinner, for their bday.

shrimp scampi
thai noodles with sauce
a salad i made up, spring greens with hard boiled egg, smoked oyster
purple onion and some peeled small tomatos in a jar. found at the market. had one and it takes very good. a little like pickled.on top will put spicy thai
wonton strips.

brussel spouts baby ones. with crumpled bacon. cooked first then into skillet with bacon drippings, bacon and parm. i had em for christmas and she had thirds.

dessert is warm lemon pudding cake.

i am making myself hungry.

babe :chef:

Last edited:
No dinner tonight. Spent the day at a local festival, hoping to wear the effects of the food booths off with all the walking we did.

If I get really hungry later on, it will be peanut butter or cheese and crackers.

I am making a mustard maple glazed pork tenderloin, roasted red potatoes and roast asparagus with crumbled feta on top. For dessert, I am defrosting a couple of slices of the Cheesecake Factory's triple chocolate cheesecake.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom