Dinner Saturday 9th March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
For dinner tonight we are cooking a corned silverside, it is simmering away on the stove as we speak :)

We are having that with steamed cauliflower and pumpkin and having a white sauce to go over everything :)

This is the first time we have cooked corned silverside, so hopefully it turns out nicely...we will keep checking it with the thermometer to make sure it is cooked through and not overcooked or undercooked

Corned silverside is yummy! Sure you'll like it :)

I'm a bit hungover. My mom slept over last night and I had 8 vodkas and I'm still on flu meds :(
Toast and poached eggs for dinner. Wish I didn't have to cook at all lol!

Corned silverside is yummy! Sure you'll like it :)

I'm a bit hungover. My mom slept over last night and I had 8 vodkas and I'm still on flu meds :(
Toast and poached eggs for dinner. Wish I didn't have to cook at all lol!
8 Vodkas? A "BIT" hungover? I salute you snip. I'd be either going back to bed, or not getting out at all...

I think I'm going with something called Beef & Noodles from my Cooking From Quilt Country cookbook. It's basically a pot roast shredded up and returned to it's cooking liquid along with some egg noodles. Bake until the broth has been absorbed. It makes a ton and means I won't have to cook tomorrow unless I want to.

For dinner tonight we are cooking a corned silverside, it is simmering away on the stove as we speak :)

We are having that with steamed cauliflower and pumpkin and having a white sauce to go over everything :)

This is the first time we have cooked corned silverside, so hopefully it turns out nicely...we will keep checking it with the thermometer to make sure it is cooked through and not overcooked or undercooked

I have to look up half the things you make, Kylie! I've never heard of silverside before. Fun to learn about different terms, cuts, etc. :)

We're going to dinner at some friends' house tonight. I offered to make the main dish and dessert, so I'm making Italian pot roast (made with Chianti, porcini mushrooms and rosemary) and lemon cheesecake and she's making salad, egg noodles and garlic bread, and providing the wine (except for the wine I'm using to make the roast).

I figure, since she's got to clean her house for guests, I'll do the main ;)

Been doing a lot of revamping around the house lately mostly caused by our refrigerator dying last week, so things are a bit torn up around here.

As a result of our somewhat chaotic environment and activities, I put on a nice big pot of beef soup for tonight. I had some beautiful soup bones I roasted while we ate breakfast and did the rest a bit later. Plenty of carrots, celery and potatoes await their introduction about an hour before serving. Right now all that's in the pot are the soup bones, some browned beef cubes, sauteed onions and garlic, beef stock, red wine, barley and herbs/spices. Sure smells tasty.

I took a loaf of French bread out of the freezer to go with and made some pistachio pudding for dessert.

Chicken Cordon Bleu tonight. I found a low carb recipe that is not breaded, but still sounds good. May serve it with rice and asparagus. :rolleyes:

Had 2 bananas :ermm:

We went out for lunch and I had a huge fish, chips, mushy peas and bread & butter:pig: still not hungry. Kids had pasta, tomato and veg sauce with hotdogs in and cheese. The sauce was some ratatouille I made pureed. We will have the rest with lemon and pepper tuna steaks during the week.

And it's mother's day here tomorrow so I get taken out for lunch again (mezze tomorrow) :pig: :pig: :yum:

Getting a jump on St Patrick's Day. I've been craving corned beef & cabbage. So... a 3 1/2 lb corned beef brisket (in the slow cooker - with apple juice), little red potatoes, baby carrots & cabbage wedges w/ horseradish/sourcream/Dijon mustard, & dill rye bread w/ butter to go with. Key Lime tarts from the bakery for dessert.

We're going to dinner at some friends' house tonight. I offered to make the main dish and dessert, so I'm making Italian pot roast (made with Chianti, porcini mushrooms and rosemary) and lemon cheesecake and she's making salad, egg noodles and garlic bread, and providing the wine (except for the wine I'm using to make the roast).

I figure, since she's got to clean her house for guests, I'll do the main ;)

Hope you have/had a great night GG :)

I have to look up half the things you make, Kylie! I've never heard of silverside before. Fun to learn about different terms, cuts, etc. :)

Same here GG, some things you guys have I do a Google search :)

Sometimes it is the same as we have but called different things

Thought I'd get a jump start on dinner today by grilling an extra poke chop yesterday. Ate them both for dinner last night.

Soooo today, I put some partial thawed beef stew meat, onions, jarred mushrooms and carrots and dry thyme and savory in a thickened beef stock and it's going to be dutch oven stew in about an another hour. I hope. I am hungry now.

Change of plans, I made pulled pork in the crock pot instead. I will just have the pork and green beans, and the guys will have rolls too and SP fries. And...low carb brownies! :cool:

Loco moco. I think I'll make some onion gravy and peas to go along.

Back
Top Bottom