Dinner, Saturday, Aug 16th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
Welp.... time for a home cooked dinner. I'm leaning towards Italian stew with braised cubed chuck roast, red wine, mushrooms, tomatos, italian herbs, mistoccoli. Then some crispy garlic bread and a green salad.

How bout you fine cooks out there... what yall got going on?

We had reservations last night, dh surprised me with a phone call to meet him for steak. Wish I could say it was yummy, it wasn't but looking at him over the table was...........

So tonights dinner will be what was supposed to be yesterdays dinner, which'll be just fine. Trying to get the guy to take me to the beach, but he's being poopy in that respect, says he's tired of driving, so I offered, still no luck.........

Grilled corn on the cob, steamed mussels and snow crab legs. And beer.
oops. and coleslaw

With all the talk lately about "Country Fried Steak", I just have to have some. Mashed potatoes, vegetables, what ever, I have a large variety in the cabinets and freezer to choose from. I will make a salad also. NO bread, enough carbs already in the meal. Dessert is still a toss up. Ice Cream? Maybe I will make a cake?

need to eat one leftover grilled hamburger, so will dress it up and split it
some of the last of the sweet corn
pasta salad
and dh wants garlic bread too, we like carbs:)

Grilled corn on the cob, steamed mussels and snow crab legs. And beer.
oops. and coleslaw

Oh, pacanis! I wish I lived next door. I'd love to join you for everything but the mussels. Everything else I love, love, love.

Don't know what's for dinner here. I gave in to a popcorn craving earlier and, as usual, ate too much. Popcorn is one of my weaknesses. Maybe something as simple as P,B and J.

Oh, pacanis! I wish I lived next door. I'd love to join you for everything but the mussels. Everything else I love, love, love.

Don't know what's for dinner here. I gave in to a popcorn craving earlier and, as usual, ate too much. Popcorn is one of my weaknesses. Maybe something as simple as P,B and J.

Yea.. I would love to be a neighbor too! Katie E... I can garauntee we would never go hungry with the stuff that man whips up!

I'm having friends over for dinner and am making marinated melon wrapped in prosciutto for an appetizer, paella and a tomato/pepper salad for dinner and probably ice cream for dessert. Forgot to pick up a cake when I was out.

made a big pot of chili,buttered French bread, some corn bread, a tossed green salad, watermelon, Dessert, chocolate pudding..
kadesma;)

Very late start today....moving way slower today than all week;).

First course is shaved zucchini with lemon zest, olive oil, pana granna and sea salt with fresh tomatoes and ricotta cheese.

Second course is two different grilled fishes, both marinated in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and basil. I have a bronzini and an orcata. Both are from mediterrean waters. That's to be served with pignoli, raisin and spinach risotto.

Almond ice cream and chocolate sauce for dessert.

Lou is about to make bourbon sidecars. Pretty sure we're drinking a pinot noir with dinner.

Went fishing this morning and got a limit of walleye (6 fish). Ended up with 7# of fillets, so I baked a 11 oz. fillet and sauteed a medley of Vadalia onion, zuchinni and eggplant that needed to be used. DW does not eat anything that swims or comes from the sea, so she had an Oriental salad and Spanish rice. Chased mine down with a Meyers & Coke, and I'm getting ready to make a couple of milkshakes for DW and me.

The corn was sweet, the crab legs were sweet, the mussels were sweet.... hardly used the butter.... might have to open some of that ice cream I bought the other day and load it up with Hershey's syrup.... Sweet :)

Attachments

• crabs 8-16.jpg
    crabs 8-16.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 186
We had rainbow trout with white wine/butter/scallion sauce, baked potato, and steamed broccoli. Dessert will be later - either homemade marble cake, homemade blueberry coffee cake, or Dove ice cream bars.

The corn was sweet, the crab legs were sweet, the mussels were sweet.... hardly used the butter.... might have to open some of that ice cream I bought the other day and load it up with Hershey's syrup.... Sweet :)
you know buddy, you just eat waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too well.................................AND I LOVE IT:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom