dinner saturday, august 19th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
gauva/mango sauce w/ either chix or fish.w/ lightly steamed haricots verts.

you?

Boneless pork chops, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans for the veg. For dessert I have to use up some root beer, so its root beer floats again.Yummy. :rolleyes:

I bought some very pretty sirloins so I suppose we will have that, but haven't decided how just yet, or what to go with it. We are going out tomorrow and will have seafood then so I don't want anything too heavy.

Dinner tonight !

Tonights dinner will be starline chili - over spagetti and grated chedder on top, and of course garlic bread. (starline chili) is my chili recipe w/o cinnamon ! No dessert :rolleyes:

Chili on top of spaghetti, hmmm, never heard of that.

I'm having lobster with corn on the cob, and since my husband doesnt like lobster, he's having curried chicken over rice.

Hi, how's the hot tub party going??

Lou and I are having a salad of boston bibb lettuce with sliced figs, canteloupe, parma prosciutto and toasted walnuts with goat cheese medallions.

For dinner were having smoked pork ribs (been in the smoker since 1pm....)sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes, roasted corn and biscuits.

Dessert is Italian blueberry cheesecake.

Cocktails are mojitos, wine for dinner is a cabernet from a small vineyard in Marlboro, NY.

Amber, you must visit Cincinatti! I make that chili for my big Christmas party every year and it is a hit. It is best "wet" if you dare!!!

Tonight is sauteed tilapia over a bed of Spanish rice topped with salsa made from the garden.

The market today was the best one of the year. Seriously excited to see some of the stuff that was there today. We found huckleberries, totally at their peak. Then we found yak tenderloin, buffalo tenderloin, elk tenderloin, amazing racks of lamb. Just what do you have for dinner out of that lot? A tenderloin sampler platter of course. Oh yeah. :chef: Found some hon shimeji and a new variety of fingerlings so that's all looking promising.

We've just had hallibut cheeks finished off with some vermouth and lemon with some king oyster mushrooms with smokey tomatoes as a snack which came after the sammich with some awesome country ham I've not seen before.

It's been an incredible summer.

VeraBlue said:
Lou and I are having a salad of boston bibb lettuce with sliced figs, canteloupe, parma prosciutto and toasted walnuts with goat cheese medallions.

Except for the canteloupe we were so right there with you about three hours ago. What variety of figs? We found four today, all of them just perfectly perfect.

hey, we were just in marlboro ny this past week, pickin' nectarines, peaches, early apples, and fresh corn. i'll post some pics later.

what winery was it vb? on the shawangunk wine trail? any recommendations?

if you'ns get a chance, go to a great little u-pick orchard called "weed farms". beautiful place, super nice people that own and run it.

the corn was so sweet, the likes of which i've only had a few times in my life that good (that's not bad english, it's more brooklynese. :) ). and the nectarines were so good that we're going back this week. the peaches weren't quite ready yet, but should be coming in soon.

then it's off on the winery tour before we find a local restaurant for dinner.

suggestions (for dinner and wine, wiesenheimers) appreciated.

getting back to the topic: tonight, dw made shake-n-bake pork chops, mashed taters, a side of applesauce, and a can of lesieur early peas. one of my all time favourite comfort food dinners. the chops were nice thick 2" + suckers.
and there's magic that happens when you mix lesieur early peas into your mashed potatoes.

Last edited:
Paul's camping.. I just got home from the funeral...
I think kaluha and cream will be be dinner enough.

ChefScotty said:
Except for the canteloupe we were so right there with you about three hours ago. What variety of figs? We found four today, all of them just perfectly perfect.

ChefScotty, you've got to fill in your profile!! Where are you that you found all that wonderful meat? The figs were mission figs, my favourite. I've got a few left over today, so I'm going to make polenta with figs and sauteed shallots and serve it with a poached egg on top for brunch.

buckytom said:
hey, we were just in marlboro ny this past week, pickin' nectarines, peaches, early apples, and fresh corn. i'll post some pics later.

what winery was it vb? on the shawangunk wine trail? any recommendations?

if you'ns get a chance, go to a great little u-pick orchard called "weed farms". beautiful place, super nice people that own and run it.

the corn was so sweet, the likes of which i've only had a few times in my life that good (that's not bad english, it's more brooklynese. :) ). and the nectarines were so good that we're going back this week. the peaches weren't quite ready yet, but should be coming in soon.

then it's off on the winery tour before we find a local restaurant for dinner.

suggestions (for dinner and wine, wiesenheimers) appreciated.

getting back to the topic: tonight, dw made shake-n-bake pork chops, mashed taters, a side of applesauce, and a can of lesieur early peas. one of my all time favourite comfort food dinners. the chops were nice thick 2" + suckers.
and there's magic that happens when you mix lesieur early peas into your mashed potatoes.

Bucky, I think you're the fourth person who had chops and mashed potatoes for dinner last night, according to this thread.

The winery is Benmarl at Slate Hill Vinyards. They were actually supposed to have a workshop today, but was cancelled last minute. Yes, it's on the trail you mentioned. I'm scheduled for another workshop in October that involves the harvest. You should make a reservation...

Our local organic market had lovely huge dry-pack/diver sea scallops, so I bought a pound, marinated them lightly in a bottled Asian marinade I like, & sauteed them in a little extra-virgin olive oil & fresh lemon juice. Served them over plain white rice (to soak up all that tasty marinade/sauce) along with a big green salad garnished with fresh local tomatoes.

that's the place we stopped in last time, vb. benmarl. turn off the main road and go down a little dirt road next to very dusty grapes on the left. i was wondering how much the road dust affected that row?

anyway, my boy was just over getting sick, so we turned around and went home with our spoils. but we're goin' back this tues. or wed., so we'll probably stop in for a bottle or three.

workshop? on winemaking or consumption?

Back
Top Bottom