Dinner Saturday, January 15th, 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i've got french bread that i let get stale, so i'm gonna smush that & make a meatloaf, or chix burgers w/ egg & crumbs. veggies w/ either-

your dinner this evening~

I'll be making chicken thighs for James. I think I will cook them in BBQ sauce and give him fries and broccoli.

:)Barbara

I planned on smoked pork chops, mashed taters and baby spinach (in some form). But one never knows what the day may bring.

I WILL make the stuffed acorn squash tonight. Yes, positively, absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt! :stuart:

Dinner with our recently fully relocated Canadian family in Brenham, TX this evening. Cajun fried turkey, home-made pirogi, yams, green beans, and layered pumpkin pie.

This dinner is in celebration of that family's reunion here in The Lone Star State and fresh start in the USA.

I am heading into town to pick up some rib steaks that are on sale. Will knock the snow off of the bbq, and try my hand at Potatos Dauphenoise. Maybe do up a Bruccetta for an appetizer, with a hunk of some kind of stinky cheese..., I have a pineapple that has been sitting around for a while, so, in a few minutes, I will make up a quick pineapple upside down cake .First day off of work in two weeks...

Last edited:
Cooked the finicky father a pan fried forequarter pork chop with caramelized onions, eggs and garden salad. Had celery and carrot sticks with some home made spinach, feta and semi-dried tomato dip/spread I made last week for my own dinner. Not too bad a spread, but I'll definitely tweak and refine next time I make it though.

I have a thing of tri-tip marinating in chipotle marinade since last night. I'm firing up the grill tonight.
I have never had tri tip. I don't even know if they carry them around here. I have never actually looked for one. What other cut does it comapre to in flavor, texture and tenderness?

I'm making one of my quick and easy favorites.

1/3# ground sausage, 1/2 small onion diced, 1 box stuffing mix. I cook the sausage and onion in a little water until the onions are translucent, drain and mix with prepared stuffing mixture then bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I'm still deciding on a vegetable. Maybe broccoli in cheese sauce or buttered French style green beans.

I'm making one of my quick and easy favorites.

1/3# ground sausage, 1/2 small onion diced, 1 box stuffing mix. I cook the sausage and onion in a little water until the onions are translucent, drain and mix with prepared stuffing mixture then bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

I'm still deciding on a vegetable. Maybe broccoli in cheese sauce or buttered French style green beans.
Do you take the sausage out of the casing before browning?

I'm making a beef goulash (the Hungarian/Austrian kind) to be served with buttered egg noodles.

I'm making a beef goulash (the Hungarian/Austrian kind) to be served with buttered egg noodles.

I made some Hungarian Gulyas a couple months ago for the first time. I really liked the "heavier than I was used to" use of paprika and cooking it into the meat.

Back
Top Bottom