Dinner Saturday July 12, 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I made a casserole using imitation Krab, marinated with a sprinkle of soy and cut into chunks, a jar of garlic and parm Alfredo sauce, boiled and mashed garlic, and egg noodles.

I topped it with fried onions.

The flavor was garlic-y and wonderful, but it was soupy. Next time I'll go back to using a half jar of the sauce and mix it with a can of cream of chicken.

I've made it that way before, and the consistency of the sauce was much better.

What's on your plate tonight?

Meatloaf sandwich, a couple of deviled eggs, and a bowl of fresh pineapple. I was just scrounging through the freezer and found a couple of slices of foodsaver'ed meatloaf leftover from a couple of weeks ago, so that'll be the last of it. :)

We went to McKibbens, a local pub and had fish and chips. They make yummy fish and chips. I had a draught Newcastle Brown Ale and Stirling had a draught Kronenberg. Kronenberg is a lovely blond, without too much hops flavour.

Chicken Taco Salad

I had some shredded cooked chicken in the freezer and I mixed it in a skillet with a can of white beans and a packet of Lawry's Taco seasoning. After it chills well I'll add it to all the usual goodies with lots of two colored cheese.
Thanks to several heads into one here, the dressing will again be mixed with Ranch, Catalina and Sirachha. YUMM

Last edited:
Taco salad for us (beef) I make my dressing with sour cream, mayo, salsa and taco seasoning, sometimes a dash of tabasco.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

I did a rare thing...I substituted having a meal in favour of eating 2 punnets of cherries (sell by date was Saturday). No ordinary cherries - they are called picota and are divine! Although they come stalkless (stalks usually keep the fruit fresh) they have a deep rich flavour and are also crunchy too...which I prefer to a soft squish in your mouth. Do you get them in US?

We had two friends over yesterday to help us celebrate our anniversary and share the cake top. Dinner was lemon/lime cilantro skewers, pineapple and ginger-pork skewers, spice-rubbed flank steak and pepper skewers, and tomato/basil/mozzarella skewers. Dessert was the cake top, vanilla ice cream and chocolate wine.

I did a rare thing...I substituted having a meal in favour of eating 2 punnets of cherries (sell by date was Saturday). No ordinary cherries - they are called picota and are divine! Although they come stalkless (stalks usually keep the fruit fresh) they have a deep rich flavour and are also crunchy too...which I prefer to a soft squish in your mouth. Do you get them in US?

I've never heard of them or seen them here in the United States. I read a couple of articles and it appears they're grown only in Spain and exported mostly to the UK and Germany.

No, we don't get them here creative. I'm sure you don't get my favorite cherries over there either. They are called Rainier and are grown in the pacific north west of this country. They are just delicious, and remind me of little peaches on a stem. They're frightfully expensive but worth every cent.
img_1374617_0_056dadc90159e26c5ea78b06297238f5.jpg

Yes we do have them in UK! From Marks & Spencers...if you can take out a mortgage to afford them. :rolleyes:

I LOVE rainier cherries! I agree with you, Kayelle, they are scrumptious. Pricey, yes, but oh so good. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom