Dinner, Saturday July 12

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got the beer covered,Uncle Bob ...
can i cook something on the Klose ...
please ...

with no time to go to the market, I ended up raiding the kids freezer and did a pot roast with the carrots and onions, potatoes, etc. smells terrif, hope it's good and thickens up soon

Grilling!

Grilled lemon pepper chicken tenders
Grilled Yukon Gold potatoes
Grilled corn on the cob

Ice cream for dessert

OK I lied...no ice cream for dessert, instead about 9 shot of Tequila Rose....oh yeah. I feel good!

Hmm, I like the sound of what UB is havin, but I think he needs more beer to go with it... LOL!

We are having fried chicken, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, and buttermilk bisquits. Watermelon for dessert.

Well, gee...now I don't know whether I want to go to Uncle Bob's or your house.

I have plenty of beer, and DH can bring his Captain Morgan's.

Um.... I just realized (or DH pointed out to me) that I put the wrong month!!! I finally get to start the dinner thread and I muck it all up!!!

Assistance please! I know a mod can fix it!

Good thing you said something. I can't remember what I had for dinner on June 12th!

However, tonight I had:

Day boat scallops wrapped in apple wood bacon with a Vermont maple and whole grain mustard drizzle, beef carpaccio with olive oil, grana padano cheese and aged balsamic vinegar glaze and buttered crostini. I topped it all off with a cappuccino and a key lime tart with raspberry and blueberry coulis.

Did I mention we ate out tonight?

had another bowl of my smokey mexican chicken corn chowder and a blt, and a peach. There are reasons to like summer and tomatoes and peaches are tops on my list.

Rainbow trout fillets with garlic/shallot/white wine/herb/butter sauce, served with rice and steamed broccoli. Homemade dark chocolate cake or dark chocolate ice cream for dessert.

Have avoided this thread because I don't really have the desire to eat/cook since Buck died.

Tonight I grilled some chicken leg/thigh quarters and had some homemade baked beans along with.

Did 2 leg/thighs, so will have the other tomorrow.

Meals have been really boring since I've been alone.

We had Indian tonight. I made chicken with tomato onion gravy last night and let the flavors marry over night served it this evening over basmati rice with a side of sour cream cucumber salad.

Have avoided this thread because I don't really have the desire to eat/cook since Buck died.

Tonight I grilled some chicken leg/thigh quarters and had some homemade baked beans along with.

Did 2 leg/thighs, so will have the other tomorrow.

Meals have been really boring since I've been alone.

Katie, I understand and apologize. I hope the desire will once again be there. But knowing what you have been through, it is a bit overwhelming. Still thinking of you!

Good thing you said something. I can't remember what I had for dinner on June 12th!

However, tonight I had:

Day boat scallops wrapped in apple wood bacon with a Vermont maple and whole grain mustard drizzle, beef carpaccio with olive oil, grana padano cheese and aged balsamic vinegar glaze and buttered crostini. I topped it all off with a cappuccino and a key lime tart with raspberry and blueberry coulis.

Did I mention we ate out tonight?

Oh yum Andy!!! Thanks for correcting the thread for me!

My pork and pasta bake turned out great. I actually used two different recipes. I like the fresh herbs the second recipe I found offered, so I did a mix of the two and used italian sausage flavored spaghetti sauce, added chopped fresh mint, parsley, and rosemary to the groud pork that I made out of a small pork roast and a single center cut pork chop. Tasty and hearty!

Have avoided this thread because I don't really have the desire to eat/cook since Buck died.Meals have been really boring since I've been alone.
Every night Katie, please dine with one of us. I'll be honored to set a place for you. I know we all would. Blessings on being sent to you. Continuing in praying for you and your family, we've not forgotten

We had Indian tonight. I made chicken with tomato onion gravy last night and let the flavors marry over night served it this evening over basmati rice with a side of sour cream cucumber salad.

That sounds good. Care to share the recpie? TYIA

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom