Dinner Saturday, June 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i'm hungry fer stuffed peppers, mashed taters & haricots.
whatcha cooking...

It must be cool where you are, luvs. It's supposed to top out at 92 degrees here - I'll be making no-cook pasta sauce with rotini, topped with grilled chicken, accompanied by a green salad.

going to a friends for bbq chicken and all the fixings. I"m bringing a strawberry cake recipe that Laurie gave me yesterday!

I will grill some pork chops, then serve some potato and some fresh green salad.

i bought some sushi grade salmon and octopus to make into sashimi for lunch (2nd time having sushi this week :angel: :pig:), along with marinated squid, and some korean kimchi.

but, a double shift today means dinner tonight will be a quick trip home, bath, books, then the mad dash back to work.

souvlaki at midnight.

Well it's just me and lego girl tonight.
My boys are with my parents for the weekend and DH took off with his stepdad to drag race in WI til tomorrow.
McDonald's on the way home from Wally World I think.

not sure .. was going to cook burgers but ...
my mom stopped bye and gave me a bobby flay cookbook
she spotted and knows how much i love his stuff ..(Mesa Grill is the book)
so now i am feeling a bit adventurous ...

not sure .. was going to cook burgers but ...
my mom stopped bye and gave me a bobby flay cookbook
she spotted and knows how much i love his stuff ..(Mesa Grill is the book)
so now i am feeling a bit adventurous ...

Hey, Q, I got a signed copy of that book when we saw him do a cooking demo at Scope in March. I've made several dishes from it, all excellent. We especially like the southwestern potato salad and tomatillo-avocado relish. Enjoy :chef:

Going out to eat tonight...don't know where (yet) or what I'll eat, but there is a fresh Carrot Cake in the kitchen that makes my mouth water evertime I walk by it...I wonder how much twouble I would get into if I sneaked a little piece....:ermm:...It would be ok...right??:rolleyes:

Going out to eat tonight...don't know where (yet) or what I'll eat, but there is a fresh Carrot Cake in the kitchen that makes my mouth water evertime I walk by it...I wonder how much twouble I would get into if I sneaked a little piece....:ermm:...It would be ok...right??:rolleyes:

Of course it's okay - it's your birthday! You can get away with anything :angel:

Hey, Q, I got a signed copy of that book when we saw him do a cooking demo at Scope in March. I've made several dishes from it, all excellent. We especially like the southwestern potato salad and tomatillo-avocado relish. Enjoy :chef:

we had tickets to that and one of the little ones came down
sick that morning .. the southwest potato salad is first
on my list to try ..

Crabcakes, garlic mashed pots, corn on the cob and greens salad.
I've been telling myself for an hour to get up and get to it.
I wasn't hungry then. Now I am. See ya later, fuller.​

souvlaki is (are?) greek shish kebabs.

it's cubes of meat, usually lamb, that are marinated in a greek style dressing (evoo, lemon, garlic, oregano), then grilled. the place i go doesn't always have lamb, so i often get beef.

it's served wrapped in a pita with lettuce, tomato, onion, pepper, feta cheese, and tsatsiki sauce.
:chef:
and a side o' fries.

Burritos...filled with seasoned ground beef, Spainsh rice, refried beans, montery jack, lettuce, tomatoes, and sour cream!

Back
Top Bottom