"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-30-2007, 05:38 AM   #1
Cook

Dinner - Saturday, June 30?

Quite excited by tonights dinner after being inspired by a cookery show I saw earlier in the week.

Slow roast whole duck (2.5 hours). With the fat that drips out going to saute some potatoes.

Will serve the breast of the duck and pots with with a gooseberry and onion.. err.. salsa? compotte? Not sure what to call that. Sauce.

Then for Sunday lunch we will have the left over duck with pancakes, spring onion, cucumber and plum sauce in a Chinese styleeeee.

Old 06-30-2007, 07:03 AM   #2
Assistant Cook

Mhhhhh...I'll make a casserole with noodles...tuna...mushrooms..and a tomatosauce &cheese on top!!!Hope it'll taste good

Old 06-30-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

regallion, i hope your kitchen has good ventillation. i love duck, and i'd kill for duck fat cooked potatoes, but the smell in the house lingered for days the last time i made it. it's now verboten in my house.
man, my stomach just grumbled reading about your dinner, and it's only 8am here. hope it comes out well.

i'm stuck working a double today, so dinner will be something in the city. maybe thai. if the guys are going, possibly texas bbq. or maybe even greek. i have a long time to decide.
hopefully, dw will bring our boy in to visit this afternoon, and we'll all go out for dinner; probably to her favourite irish pub, or a nearby italian joint.

since i'm working with a pretty good new guy, i decided to revive an old saturday tradition in my office for lunch. whenever a couple of friends, the old guard now that has scattered to different departments and other broadcasters, worked together on a saturday, we'd bring in an electric wok or deep fryer and make buffalo wings. i made some grilled hot italian sausage in basil/garlic/tomato sauce last night, so we'll have that on portugese rolls with the wings.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:23 AM   #4
Executive Chef

we are having georgous weather for the neighborhood cookout tonight. It is clear, cool, low humidity, just lovely, will need a jacket tonight. Food will be heart stopping country grease and white flour and sugar. I am taking potato salad. Expect to work up a good appetite by cleaning out the barn today
Old 06-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #5
Sous Chef

It's my Aunts 80th Birthday so we're going out to dinner to celebrate (I think that it's a surprise party). don't know which restaurant we're going to but hopefully it will be good!

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

ya know, survivorgirl, the surprise is supposed to be on the birthday girl, not the guests.

strange birds, these canadians...

adding: yay, dw and my boy are stuck in traffic.

umm, well, yay when they get here. we're gonna take a walk to the hudson to see some ships, then go for lunch.

so dinner will be the salsicce en sugo, later on. tradition/buffalo wings will have to wait (how often do you get to put that in a sentence, huh?).

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
Head Chef

Regallion, I love duck. One of my fave french restaurants serves it with cherry sauce, roasted taters and a green veggie. Going to be another hot day today, and still early to decide if I want to cook. Maybe I can get a reserv at that french restaurant. I so want duck now.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #8
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
ya know, survivorgirl, the surprise is supposed to be on the birthday girl, not the guests.

strange birds, these canadians...
Hey don't blame me if that's how it's done here in the Tdot!

Live Strong
SurvivorGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:20 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Sloppy joes in the crock-pot served on homemade buns, with coleslaw and homemade baked beans. Hot and humid here today, so a real summery meal.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:25 PM   #10
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Wink

Iam making the chili dogs and mac n cheese I didn't fix last night.