"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 06-06-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
Master Chef

[quote=Katie E;826842]I've been cravin' rabbit food recently. quote]

me, too, katie! i love lite food in summery months, fruits & veggies, especially salads.

Old 06-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #12
Senior Cook

grilling s ome homemade burgers and making a homemade barbeque sauce. some nice kasier buns from the bakery and thats all. No Sides, no dessert, just burgers tonight

Old 06-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
Master Chef

Kim is making oven-fried chicken (with crumbled Stove Top, and I turned a blue box of mac'n cheese into a good side dish, prepared according to instructions on box, then add a can of cream of mushroom soup, a few frozen peas that you cooked along with the pasta, and about half a small jar of pimientos.
Old 06-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Irrigation night, DH keeps grabing some of the meat out of my pasta sauce I'm making for lasagna, so he is stuffed and the loaf of ciabatta is not worth much now I'm still full from lunch/breakfast so I just had a little smoked trout and a 7-up..just finish putting the lasagna together for tomorrow
next have a bunch of different veggies to get ready to roast..Planning on balsamic and evoo salt and pepper to brush them with, several yams, 2 sweet potatoes,some yukon golds,2 kinds muchrooms, sliced zucchini and eggplant,asparagus, corn broken into small pieces, then I need to get the fruit ready and we are making sundaes for dessert..
kadesma
Old 06-06-2009, 11:12 PM   #15
Master Chef

A few weeks ago I had a taste for real corned beef. Oh, not what you get in a deli. You know, the stuff with some flavor and fat on it. So I boiled it and refridgerated it and sliced it (reserving the broth,the less slice-able ends of the meat, and veggies for a soup), and froze it. My husband really doesn't care for a meal of corned-beef-and-cabbage, which given where I've eaten it in years past, I don't much blame him for. Tonight I made the best ever Ruebens. Nowadays most deli corned beef doesn't even resemble the real thing, it is so lean there is no flavor left.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #16
Master Chef

Hello again, msmofet.

My pizza idea got pushed off onto tomorrow's dinner. I spent most of the day cleaning and getting rid of junk! I realized that I didn't have enough time for the dough, even though it doesn't take that long (recipe from a yeast package).

So, I made a real meaty spaghetti sauce over wheat pasta. It was good, but the pizza would have been better!!

Old 06-07-2009, 02:57 AM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
Hello again, msmofet.

My pizza idea got pushed off onto tomorrow's dinner. I spent most of the day cleaning and getting rid of junk! I realized that I didn't have enough time for the dough, even though it doesn't take that long (recipe from a yeast package).

So, I made a real meaty spaghetti sauce over wheat pasta. It was good, but the pizza would have been better!!

hi VB. yummy!! the sauce looks good.

we had the tacos which were good at about 3:30pm. i had 2 tacos. everyone else had around 4 - 6 each. we went to Kohl's sale at about 8pm and didn't find anything good. on the way home i got a ham calzone with tomato sauce on the side to dip, (the tacos were my only meal) because i was hungry. i am not sure what dinner tomorrow will be.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:01 AM   #18
Sous Chef

We had chicken curry, had to be something fairly quick...as I'd spent most of the day on the phone to my Dad, relaying info on TV across to him (he hasn't got Sky) about the D Day landings and Caen, and Sword beach & Omaha, he's 85 now but still sharp as a button!
Old 06-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #19
Executive Chef

We had hamburgers that dh cooked on the grill between downpours and I made the best french fries I've ever made. We had cherry pie (a small piece) for dessert.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #20
Executive Chef

Yummy! good looking spaghetti.

Dh and i had a BLT with mayo and some french fries on the side. Yummy!