Dinner Saturday March 8--

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
I have decided to cook something I have not had in a long time. Roast Chicken. I picked up some leeks,golden potatoes, carrots. I'll be rubbing the chicken down with butter and seasoning with salt, pepper, garlic(a little) a few other spices as the mood strikes me.

I don't know why I don't make this more often but I bet it's been 10 years since I roasted one.

For dessert... Acai sorbet....

Don`t ya just Love Space-Time anomalies :D
either that or someones Clock didn`t factor in that there was 29 days in Feb this year?

anyway, it`s Saturday therefore it`s Pizza !

i was gonna have sushi after work, but dw's been jonesing for it, so i'll wait until we can eat it together.

i'm dreaming of a cheesey rueben.

I am defrosting some thick pork chops which I'm going to quickly saute and then finish in a mushroom cream sauce, with mashed potatoes and steamed veggies. I may make a cake since I'm snowed in today and I have PMS (God help my poor husband).

Plan on sauteeing spicy panko crusted tilapia, shrimp, roasted asparagus, rice pilaf and artisan bread - (if it turns out).

I have decided to cook something I have not had in a long time. Roast Chicken.
I don't know why I don't make this more often
I love to roast a whole chicken and do it quite often, or maybe every two months or so. Love how it smells while roasting, love what you can do to it, love how it's easily absorbed into many more meals. I like to use my Romertopf ceramic roaster. They come out so moist.

Eating out so don't know what eatery I'll land in tonight.

Happy Saturday to you all..........​

Chicken Paprikash with mushrooms and sour cream
Broad egg noodles (or spaetzle)
Steamed broc
Apple strudel

Another one for pizza. Hubby's 1/2 is bbq chicken with onions, bacon and pineapple. My 1/2, extra cheese.

Saturday is usually a day when it is just DH and I for supper and I can experiment. I haven't been able to do much over the last while because of the arthritis in my leg and so I was looking forward to making my Thai fish cakes with red chile sauce (home made), rice and stir-fried veg with peanut sauce. However, our border decided not to go out and I caught the flu. So, DH "cooked" tonight. He went out and got a rotisserie chicken and some cold salads and I had some home made vegetable broth.

I love to roast a whole chicken and do it quite often, or maybe every two months or so. Love how it smells while roasting, love what you can do to it, love how it's easily absorbed into many more meals. I like to use my Romertopf ceramic roaster. They come out so moist.​

Eating out so don't know what eatery I'll land in tonight.​

Happy Saturday to you all..........​

Happy Saturday to you too Lefse, what is left of it anyway. I was given a Romertopf a few years ago and I think I have only used it once. I will have to get YOU to give ME some lessons. :LOL:

'scuse me, Jeff. Aren't you just a little ahead of the rest of us? Buck and I haven't even eaten Friday's evening meal yet.

Just planning ahead... although it didn't work out. Ran out of time, just had baked ham...

Will be doing the chicken sunday..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom