Dinner Saturday, May 17

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a busy day for us here...
We're driving to Philly for the Italian 9th Street festival. Favourites are the ravioli from Taluttos and pork sandwiches (carved right off the roasted pig) from Canulli Brothers. We'll get some canoli from Termini Brothers to bring home for tonight.
After the festival, we have tickets for Cirque de Soleil's Kooza circus for a 4pm show. By the time we get back home it will be close to 8pm.

I'll fire up the coal grill at that time. Lou will start a fire in the pit, as well. Tonight we're having burgers, fire roasted potatoes, sauteed mushrooms, roasted corn on the cob. Canoli for dessert;). It's looking like a beautiful night for a fire and the hot tub.........:angel:

Johnsonville brats and corn on the cob, with the husk removed this time. The store bought corn I got yesterday was primo, but cooking it in the husk (like I usually do with fresh) left a nasty "green" taste to it. So it's on the grill naked tonight and basted with garlic butter while it cooks. Low and slow, like the brats.

We are celebrating Mother's Day for me this weekend since we don't get my step daughter on Mother's Day.

We're grilling chicken...but I'm not sure what else we're gonna have with it!

something cool with minimun cooking if any. it is already 95 degrees here just after noon. going to be hotter.

maybe a salad with tuna, hard boiled eggs and what ever else i can find in fridge .

babe:(:(

Spent the day working in the yard so I'm tired and didn't feel like really cooking anything ... Burgers, baked beans, coleslaw, and Dr Who on the TV!

I have a bit of leftover roast beef that I'll use in a salad, with avocado, cukes, tomatoes, red onion, Kalamata olives, hard-boiled eggs, little cubes of cheddar, whatever else I find in the frig that looks appealing. Nice light vinegar and oil dressing. That all sounds pretty responsible, but for dessert? Home made ice cream. Mmmmmm

meatloaf with marinara sauce, au gratin potatoes, and green beans sauted in honey teriyaki sauce.
Not sure on dessert, it is up in the air right now.

We had chicken quesadillas tonight. Diced chicken, onion and jalapeño peppers sauteed and then put on a flour tortilla that has been heated on an electric skillet and cheese melted on top. Put some hot sauce, lettuce and tomato once the cheese is melted and then fold in 1/2. Leave on the skillt a few seconds to get the cheese to hold it all together. Cut in quarters and serve with sour cream and guacamole if you like. They are YUMMY....,.

We had chicken quesadillas tonight. Diced chicken, onion and jalapeño peppers sauteed and then put on a flour tortilla that has been heated on an electric skillet and cheese melted on top. Put some hot sauce, lettuce and tomato once the cheese is melted and then fold in 1/2. Leave on the skillt a few seconds to get the cheese to hold it all together. Cut in quarters and serve with sour cream and guacamole if you like. They are YUMMY....,.

Cool, we had chicken quesadillas for lunch, and I was looking for a way to spice them up a bit and make them more interesting, thanks!

Cool, we had chicken quesadillas for lunch, and I was looking for a way to spice them up a bit and make them more interesting, thanks!

Glad to help. My son doesn't like peppers or onions, so I cook the chicken and set it aside then do the onions and add the chicken after leaving some aside for him, so it's really easy for everyone to have it "their way" if they want. You can also make them with shrimp or steak as well. They are good too....

Spent the day working in the yard so I'm tired and didn't feel like really cooking anything ... Burgers, baked beans, coleslaw, and Dr Who on the TV!

Dr. Who was great this week!!

We ended up having steak and corn on the cob. I love the first corn of the year. Yummmmmy!!!!:):)

Busy cleaning my patio for tomorrow,making 2 strawberry pies, my dad's version of beans,putting a tri tip on to marinate for tomorrow, a potatoe salad, a jello salad and lord knows what else I will do :LOL: So since since DH is irrigating, it's a hot dog for me and I made him a garlic chicken pizza..We each got a small salad and NO dessert, that's for tomorrow..
see ya, have to clean up the stove...
kadesma;)

Back
Top Bottom