Dinner Saturday, May 19, 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got some pretty good hoagie rolls at a bakery today so it's Italian sausages, peppers onions and jarred sauce and melted cheese tonight. Chocolate ice cream for laters.

I have no idea yet what dinner is going to be. I had to work at 8:30 this morning and just finished up. Third weekend in a row I've had to work, and I've had enough of it. I'm taking off Memorial Day weekend completely... and shutting off the phone. :glare:

One meal I always make when SO is away is rack of lamb. That’s what’s for dinner tonight. Rice pilaf and a vegetable will round out the meal. I sear the rack then coat it with a blend of parsley, garlic, thyme and rosemary and finish it in the oven.

I fired up the Weber and grilled a smallish one pounder ribeye early this afternoon. Asparagus and half a slice of sourdough rounded it out. The kitchen has been cleaned and closed for a couple of hours now - I love having an early dinner. :)

I sliced up the meatiest part for dinner and will gently warm the rest of it for steak and eggs tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• grilled ribeye, asparagus, and sourdough.jpg
    grilled ribeye, asparagus, and sourdough.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 290
A fried meal today.

We enjoyed fried green tomatoes and fried catfish, along with a side of steamed spinach. Washed it down with iced tea and had Italian cream birthday cake for dessert.

Last edited:
I fired up the Weber and grilled a smallish one pounder ribeye early this afternoon. Asparagus and half a slice of sourdough rounded it out. The kitchen has been cleaned and closed for a couple of hours now - I love having an early dinner. :)

I sliced up the meatiest part for dinner and will gently warm the rest of it for steak and eggs tomorrow morning.

Looks yummy Cheryl

I had plans...but no interest in cooking. Instead, I added some more broth to the chicken-veggie soup, tossed in the second half of a bag of frozen mixed veggies, and cooked more noodles. Good enough.

Yum! Nice job on that ribeye!

I fired up the Weber and grilled a smallish one pounder ribeye early this afternoon. Asparagus and half a slice of sourdough rounded it out.

Very good looking meal! I would loved to fired up one of my Webers today, but I had too much going on. I put the covers on them to go out of town. Maybe when I get back from the middle of nowhere, I'll fire one up.

CD

A single scrambled egg. It was delicious. Too much pain to eat. Tonight I could eat a full meal, but Pirate is sleeping and I don't want to wake him to cook for me. I probably could make myself a bowl of ramen noodles. But the stove top is a lot higher than me sitting in the wheelchair. Too dangerous. Time to scrounge in the fridge instead.

Back
Top Bottom