Dinner Saturday, May 9th, 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hamburgers on the grill and probably some potato salad as I have some taters that need to be used before the house gets too warm. Not sure what else. I'm just glad to see the sun and not hear weather watches/warnings on the TV and radio.

Our grandson is staying overnight for the first time and we are taking him out for pizza.

Our grandson is staying overnight for the first time and we are taking him out for pizza.
Have fun Andy, Two of my little ones stay often and I look forward to it. Now Carson and Olivia are asking to come spend the night and that will really be an adventure. Enjoy :)
kades

when my kids were growing up i loved potato salad and made it for all picnic occassions. I still make it for the others but myself i've gone to prefering macaroni salad.

goldencorral:glare:. jake's choice. not my fave.
i'd prefer fridays as i'd like a steak. i'm not complaining too much, though- it's great to be cooked for when the kitchen's closed weekends!!

Festival Fare!

Headed up to the county seat of McArthur (population 1895) for the Wild Turkey Festival; took in the quilt show and a stop at the gyro wagon....took home 3 gyros

ps. Wild Turkey stands for wild turkeys..nothing else;)

don't even know if i will eat a "dinner" been baking getting ready for tomorrow. my kids are coming for mother's day. just having a shrimp salad, and various dips, fruit, vegs and stuff for dipping in chocolate. cake and berries. made egg salad dip today and tested it a lot. lol
even made a small sandwich . not hungry at the moment, we will see.

don't even know if i will eat a "dinner" been baking getting ready for tomorrow. my kids are coming for mother's day. just having a shrimp salad, and various dips, fruit, vegs and stuff for dipping in chocolate. cake and berries. made egg salad dip today and tested it a lot. lol
even made a small sandwich . not hungry at the moment, we will see.

Babe, don't you know that on Mother's Day the mother is NOT supposed to be doing the cooking? LOL Anyway, it sounds like a wonderful feast! Egg salad DIP? Do tell, please!

Irrigation time has begun..So dinner will be just simple chili dogs and fries.
kadesms

Babe, don't you know that on Mother's Day the mother is NOT supposed to be doing the cooking? LOL Anyway, it sounds like a wonderful feast! Egg salad DIP? Do tell, please!

I am a mother and my son is working. I am cooking for my mother. Porter House Steak (on the grill), sauteed mushrooms, baked potatoes and Mexican Veggies. For Mom I bought some thaw and eat shrimp, I will make some cocktail sauce for her appetizer.

Broiled Salmon with a cilantro/lime/garlic marinade. Israeli couscous with sauteed onions and garlic, and steamed asparagus on the side.

I was going to make baked potato soup, but after cleaning most of the day, I was too pooped to cook. I had a salad with some tortilla chips on the side.

Kids wanted pizza. Ordered Pizza with bread sticks. Need some healthy food for 5/10 to compensate.

Today, there was a birthday potluck at work. I made a big batch of Sloppy Joes last night. I found some great mini rolls at WinCo (great grocery store with low prices), and they seemed to be a big hit. I included regular hamburger buns too.

Also, I made a small bowl of onion dip and bought a bag of Ruffles.

Other stuff they had were, macaroni salad, a rice salad, some kind of Asian noodle dish, all kinds of chips, vegie platter, little cupcakes, birthday cake, cookies, plate of spare ribs.... I know I'm forgetting a few.

Today, there was a birthday potluck at work. I made a big batch of Sloppy Joes last night. I found some great mini rolls at WinCo (great grocery store with low prices), and they seemed to be a big hit. I included regular hamburger buns too.

Also, I made a small bowl of onion dip and bought a bag of Ruffles.

Other stuff they had were, macaroni salad, a rice salad, some kind of Asian noodle dish, all kinds of chips, vegie platter, little cupcakes, birthday cake, cookies, plate of spare ribs.... I know I'm forgetting a few.
Ignore this post... wrong forum! :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom